1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Eurobasket-2011 Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by _RTM_, Aug 22, 2011.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

When we are witnessing a lockout this maybe is the only thing that can look like a competitive high level basketball in more than a year, so it definitely deserves a lot of attention, especially when almost all of the teams are at their best in terms of rosters.

2. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Spanish team were the certainly the clear favorites (they added Ibaka to their roster this offseason) but both Rubio and Fernandez have suffered a serious injuries in their last friendly game with Slovenia and there is a huge chance of missing the whole tournament for both of them

Russia team with Kirilenko and Mozgov has shown pretty good basketball in all those friendlies. They are dark horses to win it all

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

rubio doesn't bring anything to their team anyway, rudy is a key part of the team but Spain still has enough firepower to coast to the finals and likely win

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Do you have a link saying their injuries are serious? Not my impression. I saw Rudy holding his arm but he remained on the bench. I will also second the opinion above they won't miss Ricky at all. Whoop dee doo. Watching these "friendly" games, I'm really surprised how low Ricky is on the totem poll. I don't mean to trash the guy at all, but people who believe he will be a top 5 PG in the NBA as a rookie will be severely disappointed. He has a very long way to go. I hope the weight of unrealistic expectations don't crush him.

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

I don't know about Rudy, but they said Rubio's ankle sprain wasn't serious and he might even play by Friday's exhibition game.

And nobody thinks Rubio is going to be a top 5 point guard next season. That is just what OHMSS writes all over the place about what stupid Americans think.

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Well, Greece is missing about 10 of their best players.

7. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

8. redhotrox

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

10. redhotrox

I didn’t get to watch the Slovenia vs Spain games. Sounds like Spain was getting some extra home court lovin’.

11. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

As I have said over and over here, Rubio was one of the worst point guards in the Euroleague and maybe possibly even the worst rotation point guard in the Euroleague. The only reason he is even on Spain's national team is for marketing reasons. They could easily have better players than him instead on their team. He is certainly not as good as Spain's other two point guards Calderon and Sada.

All the people saying things here in this forum like, "he will be the next great NBA point guard" have obviously never seen him play. The people like DD that say things here like, "it is just because he had no good teammates and played with minor league scrubs in the Euroelague. If he played with NBA players he would be a superstar" - are just delusional.

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Everyone knows that all games played in Spain are rigged.

13. redhotrox

Good idea if they're marketing to teenage girls.
    [​IMG]

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Oh OK. But not in China. I get it now.

15. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

You must have China confused with the USA.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wonder if the Heat could go undefeated if they played in one of the European leagues..

17. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

how about lior eliyahu?? hes been the high scorer in Israel's games a couple of times. no boxscores unfortunately

18. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

Not in the Euroleague. Not even close. They almost lost to CSKA at home last year. The same CSKA that was one of the worst teams in Euroleague last year and was playing the game without several of their best players.

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The better question is could the heat win a single game against the mighty euroleague.

20. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member