1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Don't Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple of RP, May 15, 2015.

1. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

That's it. I'm done. I've seen enough. I was wrong.

This is NOT a knee-jerk reaction. What this is is a proclamation of love and devotion to a man that I formerly didn't believe in. It's clear to me at this point that Coach McHale has a FIRM MF'ing GRASP on this team and he deserves every shot to succeed.

It's CLEAR to me now that, despite not being an "x's and o's" coach....this man knows the pulse of our beloved Houston Rockets as currently constructed.

It's CLEAR to me now that, despite all of the teeth gnashing and freaking out, that we were WRONG. This man has the HEART OF A CHAMPION in him.

It's CLEAR to me now that this man deserves his own ANTI thread to counteract the BS "Fire McHale" thread that I once supported.

I was wrong. I am an idiot, emotional, homer fan.

Kevin McHale is a true professional that should be admired, thanked and held upon high in Rockets circles.

Is he perfect? F no. Is the right man for the job? F yes. I am embarrassed I was so adamantly against him before. I was looking for a scapegoat and I was wrong.

Kevin Edward McHale, please forgive me. Deliver us to the promised land. I will never doubt you again.

2 people like this.
  2. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Give him credit for admitting he made a mistake with hacking Jordan. I think the players truly like him and trust him.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Great post game session.

1 person likes this.
  4. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Great guts decision in the fourth

1 person likes this.
  5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Props to McHale. He did good tonite.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale does the dumbest thing ever by employing the Hack strategy and then makes up for it by sitting Harden in the 4th?? I'm not sure if he quit and got lucky or if he is the clumsiest genius I've ever seen, I'm so confused right now, lol.

2 people like this.
  7. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

The clumsiest genius? Lol

McHale gets some of the credit on this win.

Hats off to him for sticking with the players in the fourth and admitting his mishap.

8. Disciple of RP

I've never been so proud of a coach's comments, post game, as I was tonight.

The man NAILED it on every aspect of the game.

He was DEAD MFing ON with every move (and non-move) he made to finish this game out.

I'm literally holding back tears. No man has made me feel this strong about leadership since Rudy T. I'm 35....I was THERE for Rudy T. THIS coach had that inner strength too.

I feel like a heel for ever having doubted him. JVG? Adelman?? Good coaches, not BALLS OUT CHAMPIONSHIP guys.

McHale? I F'n BELIEVE. This man has the heart of a champion.

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah it's so funny how ur wondering about how stupid the coach is after an awesome win. lol times 10!!!!

10. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Mchale will now and forever be known as clumsy genius to me, LMAO.

11. archinkent

archinkent Member

I will get him credit for his coaching in the 4th.

To be fair, he had showed some brilliance once in a while, just needs to be consistent with it.

12. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Agree...there is a lot more to the NBA game than x's and o's.

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

awesome game by McSuccess.

14. Disciple of RP

Let this thread serve as a realistic counteraction to the nonsensical thread that calls for his job. Those of you that support Coach, make your voices heard here.

Those of you that don't...wtf is wrong with you? It should be clear now in the SEVENTH GAME of the SECOND ROUND in the WESTERN CONFERENCE that this guy knows his team!

He didn't LUCK into this position. Despite popular thinking, Harden didn't "ISO" his way to the brink of a WCF situation.

Give the man some GD due credit! I was wrong, it's time some other posters here admit they MIGHT have been wrong as well.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The player coach who guys want to play with and who motivates and gives themconfidence is very important. Before the original Clutch City the herd said that Rudy was not a good coach and was just a player's coach who wasn't a master at X's and O's and not the proverbial strict disciplinarian that which is very overrated at the pro level.

Agreed it is about time for the official don't fire McHale thread.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I loved that forehead to forehead, man to man embrace and chat he had with Josh at the end of the game.

17. Disciple of RP

Just watched the DH12 post game interview...the man is clearly buying in.

Can't WAIT till game 7. Got three kiddos and a wife....might just have to fork over a paycheck and see the game live!

#historyinthemaking

18. baubo

baubo Member

Even though it shouldn’t be, but if we lose game 7, the pitchforks will rise once again. I have always been of the opinion that McHale is a quality coach. Maybe not great, but not a liability.

Remember everyone pointed to Carlisle vs. McHale as the reason why Dallas would beat us, yet the realty became that all the Xs and Os aren’t worth having a happy clubhouse and players who will lay it out on the line for you. Perhaps McHale isn't perfect, but he can definitely get the job done.

19. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Nice job by coach tonight

20. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I have to say McHale just proved that he has balls that clank.