1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official do not sign Scoot Brooks/Plea to Morey thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Morey, I know you check these boards. We know the Texans organization doesn't listen to their fanbase but please for the sake of being a Houston sports fan please listen to your fanbase. Do not sign Scott Brooks as head coach.

The only bright spot for him is that we have a slightly better shot at signing Durant. It is not worth the sacrifice. We will still have a mediocre team for years to come.

There are great head coaches and prospects out on the market. I have my own personal opinions that I will not share in this thread as I do not want to derail it. Listen to the fans and don't sign Brooks.

/Signed Realjad Houston Rockets fan for 25+ years

2. malakas

malakas Member

Agreed.
    With Brooks we won't go far anyway this year and what is more important to Durant?
    Playing for the coach that led him to 0 championships OR signing with a team that has a big run and is near a championship?

And if we dont' get Durant we will be stuck with Brooks for years because good luck having the owner eat his salary too.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

If its winning..Durant can just go to GS and create a dynasty there. I'd take the shot at Brooks for Durant. Brooks and Harden is enough to get Durant's loyalty imo.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Agreed. I really do not want Brooks. He relied to much on hero Ball and that is one of our main problems.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, we should not even be thinking about getting Durant right now. Why would he want to come to a team that is 4-7 and just fired their coach? Right now OUR team is in shambles and we need to do what we can to fix the Rockets.

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

Signed.

But it looks like J.B. will be head coach for the near future at least

7. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

No argument here

8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I will be so pissed off if we sign that fool.

Let JB get a chance and see how it goes. I think he will do good

9. Raven

Raven Member

They're already a dynasty. Only an injury can derail them from repeating. I hoped the Rockets could do it, but they'll be lucky to make the playoffs.

All the chatter about Washington is ridiculous. Bill Simmons said it best, and I believe him. Players fantasize about Miami and Los Angeles. If Durant is leaving OK, I give those cities the edge.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm interested to read AP3O's take on brooks

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

No to Scoot!

12. Garner

Garner Member

Hard pass.

13. Rocket_Man_2.0

Hiring Brooks would be a huge mistake. It would be Mchale all over again. Thibodeau or Krzyzewski should be our next coach.

14. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Brooks is only worth it if it guarantees Durant. And since it doesn't please don't hire him.

15. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Please stop bring up Krzyzewski. He is not leaving Duke.

16. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

There isn't a "known" coaching savior. Many will scream for Thibs, a few for Brooks, JVG will get some burn too but the real problem is the players (mainly Harden) are way under performing. Removing McHale may shake this up. Ultimately they need a new dose of confidence and they need it fast.

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Say no to Brooks! Thibs or JVG is much better.