1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Dawg Pound" Fan Group Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2006.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

"Miss That Shot" worked really well.

2. ty185

ty185 Member

I understand ken is probably hard pressed for not giving out too many discounts for the tickets, but I'm wondering whether it's possible to give the section some drinking coupons -- hell, just free tap water would help a lot when we are out of voice.

-- if we want to make it loud, we better equip us for it, right? :)

3. akperez

akperez Contributing Member

Yeah you get really thirsty. We were joking that they needed to pump Gatorade to our section...haha.

4. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I like it too. Can I get a ticket for being the catalyst for the name? The only reason I was able to be there Friday night is because my brother in law paid for the ticket. Unfortunately, with a 6 month old and a two year old, all of my available funds go to formula and diapers. ;)

5. jmftexas

jmftexas Member

this should be a sticky.....

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I would say pre-plan as much as possible. I even thought it might be a good investment if the Rox were willing to "seed" Rowdies throughout the arena to be the section leaders that Jeff mentioned.

If you had a season ticket plan for Clutchfans and included a ticket or two from each section in the arena in the plan, we could have a lottery for people who buy into the season ticket plan. That way, most of us would be in the Rowdies section, but some of us would be seeded in other places throughout the arena, increasing the chances that the rest of the crowd would take the Rowdies lead and make some noise.

There are 25 sections aside from 101 in the lower bowl and on the floor. If there was one ticket from each section included in the Clutchfans package along with 40 in 101, that would be a total of 65 seats. If the Rox were willing to sell the entire package for the price of season tix in 101 ($45 per seat), you would be giving a total discount of $1375 per game, which would be a small price to pay (just over a 30% discount on the entire package) for the kind of rowdiness and energy you are virtually guaranteed with this crowd.

7. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I personally like "Rocket Fuel" the best, given that JVG said it boosted the team. I think that's a good marketing point right there. I think Red Alert is very good too.

My two cents: The Rowdies just seems too kiddish to me... not intense or serious enough. It sounds too much like a Rockets marketing gimmick rather than a fan movement and I personally think you wouldn't want this to be too much like a Clutch the Bear thing. I guess my point is the Rowdies sitting in a space-themed section sounds too much like this.

[​IMG]

8. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Spread things out too much and you just become the one guy annoying the rest of the section. You would neeed at least a full row to get things going, IMO. Splitting into two sections opposite one another (101, 112 or so) might be work though. Our FT mojo waned in the second half when the teams switched sides....

Evan

9. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

I definitely see your point. But I kinda feel like "Cameron Crazies" probably seemed that way in the beginning too. And as somebody mentioned earlier, what's an individual Alert member called? What about Rocket Fuel? And do you think taking "Rockets" out of the title makes it seem less gimmicky? ANd I definitely like putting "red" in it. I'm still up in the air but for tomorrow night I want to get some tees done.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

How many people are going tomorrow? I know Oomp and I are going. Who else?

11. pillardsap

pillardsap Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about Red Glare...then when the National Anthem is played, The section
    starts screaming like heck! What a way to start the game!

12. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

I will be there, in sec 114.

13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

How about Red Alert Clutchfans?

14. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

When is the next Rockets game that the "Red Alert/Rockets Fuel" will be involve again?

I'm IN

15. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

That's how I felt about "Rockets Rowdies." Ugh. But "Red Rowdies" feels less Disney-esque. Also, "Rowdie" is a quasi-onomatopoeia: it sort of sounds like what it is.

As for "Rocket Fuel"... eh. That actually sounds more gimmicky to me. I agree that it works well as a metaphor, but "Fuel" isn't a very agressive, or easily visualizable word. (Where "Rowdie" inherently conjures a screaming fan.) And just as "Alerter" doesn't work, "Fuel Attendant" doesn't sound to great either.

My vote's for Red Rowdies.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

For T-shirts, if I were the one making a decision right now, tonight, I would go with:
    Red Alert front
    Are You In back

Myself, I haven't heard a single name (aside from Red Alert as the section) that I like even remotely. Crazies, Rowdies, etc, they've all sounded goofy/contrived to me.

Evan

17. K-Dawg

OK...gotta make a call so we have tees tomorrow. Going with "Red Rowdies" for now.

18. K-Dawg

[​IMG]

19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Tomorrow. $42 buys you a ticket in the lower bowl, a free beer, a free burger, a coozie a "Red Rowdie" tshirt and the good time for all. ;)

20. reggietodd

reggietodd Contributing Member

I like the name Red Rockets

The mascot of the section could be an un-neutered male dog.