1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Dawg Pound" Fan Group Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I just wanted to start this thread to let everyone know the feedback that I heard about Friday's game -- that it was a huge success and the team loved it. They told me it's an absolute true story that Jeff Van Gundy called a top Rocket executive over the weekend and referenced the section and how much it seemed to help energize the crowd and his players.

The name is still up in the air. "Rowdies" is what they've been referred to internally, but "Red Alert" and "Rocket Fuel" are more serious sounding. You can still give your thoughts there and help name the group.

Anyhow, I wanted to introduce Ken Sheirr, who is the Director of Marketing Operations with the Rockets. He welcomes your feedback and thoughts and will post here under the name "K-Dawg".

This is a chance for your voice to be heard in shaping the group. Most remember when Tim McDougall used to post here so the ground rules are pretty much the same:

<UL><LI> Please be respectful
    <LI> Please don't ask Ken about personnel issues, if we're trading away players this summer, etc. Even if he knew, he couldn't talk about that.</UL>
    That should do it. Thanks ...

PS. For reference, here is the <a href="http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=109001">past thread</a> about the group before their first game with ClutchFans in attendance.

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Awesome. Welcome K-Dawg, and please let there be more Red Alert games in the near future. :)

3. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

K-Dawg,
    Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoyed our rowdiness on Friday and I certainly look forward to doing it again. I met you after the game, I was the one wearing the shirt with "Clutch Crazies" emblazoned across the front. I guarantee that any game where we are in attendance will be rockin', rollin', and LOUD without being disrespectful, as you saw Friday night.

Again, welcome and I hope you have us in the Toybox again.

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

AWESOME!

man how i wish i could attend one houston home game I'd be in total heaven and going nuts. hopefully one of these days i'll be there as a "rowdy,dawg pound" whatever it may be

5. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

Man, i'm proud to be a Clutchfan's member

6. allforsong

allforsong Contributing Member

I really wish I could attend a houston home game and sit among our "Red Alert" section!!! Last time I went to Fleet Center and shouted so loudly every time Yao shot the ball that my friends had to buy a lot drink to cool me down. But I could only watch Yao and Tmac once a year. :eek:

7. Visagial

Visagial Contributing Member

So here's the real question:

When's the next Red Alert game???!!!

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Welcome welcome KDawg..

Im excdeedingly pleased our boys made us proud and would love to make an appearance at a future Red Alert night.

Im hoping that we dont do too many of these on Fridays tho since I have a standing committment on Fri nights.

a big congrats to the guys that went..you ROCKED

9. yaomania

yaomania Contributing Member

I personally have voiced support for "Rowdyville".

10. K-Dawg

K-Dawg Contributing Member

Clutchfans…Ken here… I was the “T” the other night wearing an afro wig. Got a chance to meet a lot of you Friday night, but not as many as I would’ve liked. Anyway, we’ve done a Rowdy section for 7 games now, and I’m proud to say we’re 6-1. Of course, none of the previous games compared to Friday night – you guys were AWESOME!!!! It’s true what JVG said. We make a difference!

So I want to get you guys back. Every friggin’ game! Same spot. How do we make this happen? If it’s the discount we need, I can do that occasionally but not every game. I want that section to be crazy every game for the rest of the year. And then I want it to be the same next year. And the year after that. Like Clutch said, I want a Dawg Pound type atmosphere.

So how do we do it? I’m looking for ideas. Here’s what I know I can do: 1. T-Shirts every game to everyone who shows 2. Lots of exposure on the big screen. 3. Frequent visits by the Power Dancers and Clutch

I’m open to suggestions…

11. YaoTheMan

YaoTheMan Contributing Member

oh? you in boston? I was at this year and last year's rox games as well. Did you notice there was a LOUD celtics fan section behind one basket in the lowerlevel? they all dressed in green and wore green/white 'fros. It wasn't a pretty game for rox as LaFrentz sinked 7 threes. But those fans were absolutely impressive. Hope rox fans can catch up in that regard.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

That is awesome, I'd like to think that we helped contribute to our first win without T-Mac in the lineup.

One suggestion I have is to move people that aren't part of the group to a different area. I know that's easier said than done, but at one point there were people in front and beside me just sitting there, if there's a way to move them down a few rows it would make it more enjoyable for them and us.

13. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

I'm heading to the game tonight, think anyone would notice if I snuck in to tonight's Red Alert crowd? :p

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Hey Ken, Whens the next red alert game?

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Hey K-Dawg, here's an idea:

Can you move the Red Alert Rowdies section somewhere where it's visible, like the center lower bowls (106-108, 119-121)?

More visibility instead of behind a goal and it would look nice on TV with the lower bowls filled with "interested" Rockets fans.... :)

...and thank you for getting Clutch BBS involved! :cool:

16. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

I second that

17. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Imagine if Rox can do a Rowdy arena, instead just a Rowdy section! I wish this new thing had started in December when I went down there for Christmas and New Year.

18. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

I also agree with nWo34life, if you moved it into one of those bowls, the stadium would be off the hook, the crowd would be crazy into it, and the players would FEEL the red alert.

Please do this, it would be so awesome.

19. K-Dawg

I like having the section behind the basket for the following reasons:
    1. It's more intimidating to the opposing teams' foul shooters
    2. The balance of the folks in that section and on either side or more likely to join in
    3. The ticket prices in the sections you mentioned are $200 ea

But I agree..it would look nice on TV.

The Rowdy section/Red Alert/Rocket Fuel will be there tonight and every other game this week. Anyone can call to purchase a ticket and request to be in that section.

20. K-Dawg

Where are your seats? We've been upgrading some of the rowdiest fans (wearing Rockets gear of course) from upstairs every game.