1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Cubs @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 27, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

Was just fixing to post the same thing. I am no Cubs fan but I am now a Cub fan.

eric.81 and raining threes like this.
  2. raining threes

RIP

Toy

3. Buck Turgidson

Let's not go crazy now, much, much respect for Almora.

I just saw the play, why on earth would you take a little kid and sit them in those seats and not pay eagle eye attention to the hitter and not have a glove to protect them. I don't have kids, but I'm smart enough to know that.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

You misinterpreted my comment I will never be a Cubs fan but that Almora guy is alright. As for the little girl until protection is implemented in the parks which I know takes away some of the intimacy of the game there isn’t much that can be done when a rocket shot is pulled into an unprotected crowd.

5. SemisolidSnake

Oh, I'm not complaining at all. I just wanted an excuse to post this live performance of "Blue Sky" made just a few months before of the deaths of Berry Oakley and Duane Allman. I've listened to it countless times, and I describe Duane's solo in the first half as the "happiest guitar solo ever." It's the best single piece of music I know for bringing a little peace and happiness in any situation.

6. Buck Turgidson

What if I didn't?

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

[​IMG]

8. Buck Turgidson

eric.81 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Mayfield doubles his batting average it will still be about half of what White hits, and he isn't even one of our best batters. It will be great to not have to rely on any of them, but hey, we are still winning games.

It seems like Springer, Altuve, and Correa have been out forever. Lets hope their back, hip, and other strains and pains problems don't reoccur again this year. We need our best to bring back that Championship again.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Girl hit by foul ball at Astros game had skull fracture

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The 2-year-old girl who was hit by a foul ball at a Houston Astros game last month suffered a skull fracture from the incident, according to her family's attorney.

Houston attorney Richard Mithoff's office released a news release Wednesday on the incident, marking the first time the family involved in the May 29 ordeal has publicly disclosed the young fan's condition.

"The family's foremost concern is about the health of their child, but they also wanted me to extend their thanks to the fans and the Astros for their concern," said Mithoff, who notified the team of his and family attorney Steve Polotko's retention in the matter.

According to attorney's office, the girl also had subdural bleeding, brain contusions and brain edema.

She also had a seizure and is on medication to prevent recurrences, Mithoff's office said. She is recovering at home.

11. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The girl's family failed her as they should've protected her -- she was only 2.

Astros will probably show extra kindness and offer compensation.