1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Opening up at KC only -1 1/2 @ HOME ....down to one in some places..lots of genuine respect for us out there.This # speaks volumes. As does being a huge threat on both sides of the ball...even with the injuries/holdout.

#41 Plowman, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    MadMax likes this.
  2. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

So the 2 Texans Jerseys I bought way back were Cushing and Foster. One is a chronic overtrainer and the other has soft tissue injury nightmares. In that same vein, I'm trying to refrain from getting a Watson jersey even though I want one very badly.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t do it!

I only have an away Clowney Jersey :rolleyes: need a Watson jersey though

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Both were good choices but Father Time caught up with them. You most definitely should get the DW4 jersey. I have a feeling you can wear that for atleast the next 10-12 years.

5. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lol.. Texans only play KC @ NRG.

This is like 4 consecutive home games vs them.

6. CallMeTheDream

Texans- 41
    Queefs- 17

Clowney and Watt will have huge wake up games, 5 combined sacks. K. Jackson with a interception. Watson, Miller, Foreman combine 250 rushing yards and 3 TDS.

Joshfast and Fulgore like this.
  7. HstnSprtsFan101

As far as what I know (or think I know) about sports lines I think Vegas has extreme confidence in us winning this game. Everyone going to be jumping all over Chiefs -1. Texans ML as 6 and 3 point under dogs has been nice these past two weeks :)

I like us to win this game. The Chiefs D hasn't looked as elite, but neither has ours. Going to be a good one. Andy Reid is like 30-4 in his past 34 regular seasons. One of the best to do it but right now this offense looks elite.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Defense has to win this one for us

9. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wow if they blow the Chiefs out you have to have the Texans as the early favorites to win the AFC

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahaha...The jokes on me as we're playing at home.

That being the case, the line is about right.

We've got a blossoming Franchise QB .and an offense that is multi tiered now.(even with DB's holdout..we need him)

The defense has some injuries, but will impact every game.

Close game .Texans win

High scoring.

34 - 31 good guys

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Even on their forum they keep mentioning the 30-4 in last 34 reg season games... Weren't we one of the 4 tho? lol

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

But we also beat them last season...so it evens out.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If they comfortably beat the Chiefs, then it would be crazy not to have them as a favorite for the AFC.

red5rocket, Plowman and Fulgore like this.
  14. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

We've only allowed 1 TD to a tight end all season. Is this finally the year that Travis Kelce doesn't destroy us? I don't know how to feel about this game, but I'm definitely excited. I'll say we win in a shootout... Ka'imi with the game winner:

Texans - 34
    Chiefs - 31

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. theimpossibles1

Isn't that against the rules? And how is this not a huge story in the media?

;)

18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think we have this game, of course I thought that the last time we hung out and watched Kansas City against Houston. LOL

Go Texans!

19. UrbanEnterprise

I think KC front will make it tough for Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus especially since we have been underwhelming so far. Smith will have all time to throw and pick apart our defense.

Houston always gives up huge plays as well and KC leads the league with (5) 50 yard plays this season.

Hopkins will be covered by Peters so Fuller can't be dropping passes when he gets thrown to (old habits can show up during prime time games)

it's gonna be tougher for Watson to extend plays. He's thrown some passes the past 2 weeks that should have been picked off. KC will not let him off the hook.

I think KC wins convincingly.

only way Texans win is if our defensive front makes a huge impact and makes Smith uncomfortable. Even then, we'll barely win or lose a close one in that scenario.

20. CallMeTheDream

I don't agree. I feel this is the week our defense has to wake up. It has to mean something now that the D knows if they don't fold and can force turnovers, they have a guy on the other end who will put up points and will sustain drives long enough to actually give them rest. It gives them a whole new level of confidence we've never seen and could be deadly with Watt and Clowney at the helm. What better time to put the rest of the league on notice than right now.

UrbanEnterprise and red5rocket like this.