1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Chiefs @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I freakin love Simon this year. The dude has been huge for us.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I didn't see Prosch today but he would have been nice to have for a FB dive on that 1st and goal early in the game.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Credit.. I'd rather beat NE with Brady/Garo, but without is good too.

Longest current winning streak in the league

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They seem to update those numbers (I'm guessing as more graders submit their scores)... We'll see how the numbers look tomorrow afternoon. Can't say I'm surprised by Brocks low score though.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By the end of the game I was feeling scared of another int from him

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

James Conner in the fourth round would be too perfect. He would complete this offense, besides the line.

I just don't know if we'd spend more picks on backs.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It was a good solid win. Of course the two biggest points of emphasis I think have to be Red Zone offense which was an issue in Week 1 and really didn't improve in Week 2. Give KC some credit for that but Brock has to be A LOT better than that. The second thing is special teams. I'm not sure what went on with special teams today, but if they keep playing like that it's going to cost them against a better team. Hill was pretty fast out there, but there has to be some discipline in how to tackle the guy.

8. Buck Turgidson

Wow, 2 or 3 years, huh?

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's obviously working

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Don't forget McKinney

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

One of these way too early mocks has us getting oj Howard. That would be awesome but I don't know if he's first round worthy

12. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah I know. I've almost given up hope though. It looks like they want fast shifty backs. I think we both wanted Booker instead of Ervin this year, I don't see them changing their philosophy on RBs. Conner would be nice. We can only hope.

At this point, i'd be calling the Patriots to trade Savage for Blount

13. Buck Turgidson

It's week 2 of the goddam season, why are people talking about the draft?

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hope the coaches watched tonight's game. That's how you beat the packers.

15. conquistador#11

what happened to the guy that posts every throw brock makes? would really like to see them.

the low score seems about right if you don't put context behind it. for example, the 1st int is the same play that worked with strong in august. But peters just man handled miller on the LOS. I don't know why you go 4 receivers wide in such a situation. It's yucky when the elite ones do it. I think that's why B.O.B said what he said about him having to do a better job there.

On the pass that went through Strong's hand, he had to side step the pressure. What about the first down throws to Anderson, pressure had to get it rid of it quickly. It's impossible to complete a pass once you've been sacked.

If that focus site really does examine the games, they would have him with at a 70 score for this game. His Tds should be 6tds/3 ints for the first 2 games which is on par with someone who is just starting to figure out this offense.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

You're right about Booker.

I don't know about Savage for Blount, but it's intriguing.

Conner is even a Bob Mcnair-type player. I've been pushing him to the Texans for a few years now. It makes too much sense. It's a need. He's a great kid. He's got a connection with the owner, in a sense.

But enough about the draft, it's going to be an all-time great season.

17. marky :)

marky :) Member

Some reason I wasn't that upset for the INT's that Brock threw but he definitely can't keep giving them away, especially in the redzone. It looks like he wants to go for the home run every play and hopefully he learns that sometimes single/doubles will do.

Does any one have the stats of how many plays were out of shotgun? It seemed like 75% of what we ran came out of shotgun formation and wondering is that due to our weaker OL and/or to give Brock more time against KC's DL.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Count them. I have four after he catches it. TE even scrambles for the ball bc he knows. <a href="https://t.co/Wx3j4VSAyx">pic.twitter.com/Wx3j4VSAyx</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/777676579568623616">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> defense leads AFC in ppg (13), sacks (9), &amp; fumble recoveries (3). 2nd in ypg (274.5) (Ravens at 273.5).</p>&mdash; Adam Wexler (@awexlerKPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexlerKPRC/status/777662330385477632">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. Sledge187

Sledge187 Member

I don't think anyone is scrared of the Packers anymore. Their team is not that good. Their receivers outside of Nelson are bad. Cobb is not the player everyone thinks he is and their running back is just plain fat. Our Texans are going to destroy the Pack!

20. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Not sure where you got that from, but defense still has been playing awesome since the Miami crap fest from last year.

They gave up 27 to NE in Week 14, Buffalo scored 30 in Week 13, Jets scored 17 in Week 11. Take away the NE and Buffalo games, their defense has been incredible.

Since the Miami game last year, the Texans defense has only allowed an avg of 12.7 pts/game ... this includes the 27 and 30 points games to NE and Buffalo... that's pretty damn good!