1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Official] Cardinals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 14, 2017.

1. conquistador#11

give a game or take a game, The Texans are in the hunt for the wild card and/ or the pick to cleveland is 15th-17th not bad as I don't want Clev. to get on inside the the first 11.

wish we could have those closing downs vs the Colts.

2. showa13

showa13 Member

Was at the game today. Fun experience considering the state of the Texans. Sat next to some cardinals fans and they talked about how mad they were when we took Deshaun before their pick(it had been rumored Zona was taking him 13th) and how I like their defense(former LSU guys I personally knew) but Arizona isn’t that good, I mean Blane Gabbert is their QB. But it was fun.

3. alethios

alethios Member

Seems like we offer up a sacrifice for every game. The gods should be appeased by now, one would think.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

NRG stadium is where careers go to die.

We can’t even have things to look forward to"..

Playoffs lol

5. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Call me crazy, but there has to be some reason Tom Savage was the week one starter. Not saying he's good, but he does have a NFL arm. Could be ok behind a line that isn't completely incompetent, especially considering his slow play style. He's like perfectly unequipped to play behind a horrendous o-line, so hopefully B'ob can find something to counteract that.

#345 oelman44, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    BigShasta likes this.
  6. steveng125

steveng125 Member

So do yall care if we sneak into the playoffs? I just think we will be 1 and done because all our impact players are out for the season but I would love to upset a team like the jags in the playoffs

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Of course I care. No draft pick, mights as well get as many wins as we can. Getting into the playoffs would be a huge boost to team morale going into next season. That said, I have no confidence that we’ll make the playoffs.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It's been paid for. The payment was: one ACL, courtesy of Watson, Deshaun.

This Foreman injury is just due to the Ghost of Brett Hartmann.

9. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

We were at #8 coming into the weekend, now with the win we sit at #11.
    http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
    There is a group of 9 teams tied from 7th to 15th.
    I think 11th would be a best case scenario and I would take it in a heartbeat.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think you’re crazy at all, if he had a good Oline he could be serviceable. But behind this Oline he’s going to get beat up. He’s not Watson who could play behind any Oline. Talent level is completely different but doesn’t mean Savage doesn’t have some ability.

No Worries likes this.
  11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I read that as the "AFC South is a mess"... The reason why I only brought up the Jags and us not being able to overtake them.

Yeah, wild card is in play...but even then, highly unlikely.

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

AFC top heavy. Not just the afc south being garbage

13. SuraGotMadHops

Good win, the offense looked much better, albeit against a lousy team but still, Indy was lousy and we saw how that went.

I still can't help but complain about how awful OBrien's game management is. The guy just doesn't learn, he still bungled the clock at the end of the first half, and he always does the wrong thing late in games - he got too conservative on 3rd down against Brady and Wilson, who you never want to give the ball back to, but when Blaine Gabbert is on the other side on 3rd and 3 he had Savage chuck it downfield for an almost interception. I just don't get it.

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

O'Brien is now using the plays he used with Watson.

His main system makes QBs look worse than they are

cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

how hard is it to write an algorithm where you input score/timeouts left/time remaining/field position/possession and it spits out what to do in that situation (spike, call timeout, whatever)? You could add as many conditional variables as you want.

obviously the coach could override the recommended option, but it would give them something to default to

BigShasta and ramotadab like this.
  16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He could hire a kid who has played 100 hours of Madden and do better

TheRealist137 and ramotadab like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

that kid would also go for every 2 pt conversion and go for it on 4th down a lot.

Still might lead to better outcomes than O'Brien.

BigShasta likes this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

If you need an algorithm to tell you to spike or call a timeout, you're probably already too late.

But coaches often talk about a binder that tells them among other things, when to go for it, when to punt, onside kicks, kicking percentages, etc...I know most have said they'll trust their gut at the end which works well for some and horribly for others.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Is there a scarier scenario than a superbowl matchup between Case Keenum and Blake Bortles?