1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Official] Bills @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 23, 2014.

1. conquistador#11

this is a "must win battle for galactic supremacy trap game"
    The lines must show up. Bills have just a good defensive front as the giants. I hope the bills don't get this crazy idea about running the ball against us.

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Texans 27 -Bills 24 slow paced game.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Who was the rookie linebacker that we signed as a free agent. Like from Michigan State or somewhere? Let's give him a little burn, what do you say? And don't tell me the Texans cut him.

4. Win

Win Contributing Member

I hate to be pessimistic, but this game is looking like a loss for me. Unless Foster comes back healthy and BO'b spins some magic and finds a way to rally this marginal roster, I think we may be in for a tough stretch. Hope I'm wrong!

Go Texans!

5. platypus

platypus Member

I'm hoping we win too, win.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max Bullough? Practice squad.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Texans are signing former Rice kicker Chris Boswell to their practice squad.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/514582436630368256">September 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

Im hoping O'B has stressed to Fitzy that turnovers will not be tolerated, its the one thing he cannot do and if it continues then Mallett will be taking over.

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

texans to put up 27 points by the offense? that would be the best case scenario. This offense doesn't seem very high output especially if Arian is out.

9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This is indeed a trap game because nearly everyone considers the Bills to be an inferior opponent incapable of exploiting the Texans' many weaknesses. That is simply not true. The "trap" I am referring to lies in the belief that after the events of last week, this contest will provide them with a "bounce back" win. They may well win but they will most certainly have a much more difficult time than anyone here expects. And if they go into this game flat and not ready, they will most certainly get their collective butts handed to them...again.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Most definitions of "trap game" have something to do with underestimating or looking past an opponent either looking forward to the game after them because it's against what is considered a more threatening team or looking past them because of how well the team is doing.

Neither is the case with the Texans this week. They are coming off of a loss and have an even worse opponent the week after the Bills. They aren't going to look past them.

11. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Fortunately for the Texans, Bills do not have a vastly experienced big time QB like Eli.
    Texans will still need to keep the Bills running game to a manageable level.
    Do that, and do not turn the ball over (or at least win the TO battle) and we win the game.

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

"Trap" games are for really good teams.

The Texans aren't a really good team, so there is no such thing as a trap game.

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Bills are good, not great. A home game.

We'll win.

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

So one thing no one has mentioned.. how are the Bills on the road? Homefield advantage is huge IMO.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

1-0 this year(Chicago)
    2-6
    2-6(including road loss to Houston)
    1-7
    2-6
    3-5
    11-30

Bills are 3-3 vs. Houston (2-1 on the road; last win vs. (@)Houston in 2006)

16. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

Bills fan here, looking forward to going up against Fitzpatrick as he gave us the slightest bit of hope that quickly washed away. I don't think much separates these two teams as I don't think the 2-1 records each team has is an indication on how good these teams are. I worry about our interior 0-line against Watt and company especially since its looking like rookie Cyril Richardson will be starting at LG and we haven't had good play from either guard position this season.

Our defense has been solid all year and I expect that to continue against the Texans. I see this one as a low scoring game. Wouldn't be surprised if both teams are under 20 points. As a Bills fan the way I envision winning this one is Fitzpatrick repeating his performance from last week. That's the Fitzy I know. But Manuel has been super inconsistent and seems to be unwilling to go down field. This game could feature the worst quarterback play of any game this season.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You keep missing my point. I'm talking about the folks here and the talking heads on Houston radio. BoB knows better than to take any team for granted. Now, what you are referring to describes the Cows to a "T".

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Talking heads and fans aren't what make a game a trap game. The team mentality is all that matters. The Texans don't have a good team coming up to where they would overlook this week's opponent, you could make more of a case that next week against the Cowboys might be more of a trap game if we win this game. The Cowboys are a terrible team, we'll probably be coming off a victory, and we'll have the division rival Colts coming up on a short week after that. If there's a trap game, that would be it.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

why r u a bills fan?

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Bills are a better team we are. Without Foster, I don't see us winning.

20-13 Bills