1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Bengals @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The funniest thing is, their biased will blind them from considering/mentioning injuries. Texans probably had worse injuries than the rest of the South combined.

#801 Houstunna, Dec 25, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  2. pocketrocket81

Here's a point to ponder... Any other team in our division that you swap our quarterback play to their team. They are eliminated from playoff contention by week 8. Hell the Jags would be 0 and 8 by week 6. You put Andrew Luck on this team when he was drafted ....Do we have a super bowl win by now ?

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

players I would rest next week: Lamar Miller, Clowney, Simon, Wilfork, Mercilus, Joseph

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

A pretty good running game and a pretty good defense. Importantly, some of the players especially on defense have experience in the playoffs. We can shock the world and play at home in Feb.

6. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

We don't deserve to rest anyone on offense.. I would rest every last defensive starter so they can see 1st hand , the ****ed up situations the offense puts them in...

7. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

this.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's nothing the Texans can gain or lose with the result next week. They're locked into the 4 seed.

Of course you rest whoever needs rest.... take advantage of the clinching one week early, while the other potential opponents (KC, Oakland, Miami) all have to play to win for seeding purposes.

This is essentially the benefit the top 2 teams get by getting a bye for the first round. I expect Sunday to be no better than a 4th pre-season game like showing.

(also, if they did happen to play some starters next week... and one of them happened to get hurt... you guys would be the first to blame BOB for playing starters in a meaningless game).

mario_v and Dankstronaut like this.
  9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I agree on resting the defense but they already have 1st hand knowledge. What would happen is the offense might realize what it's like to not have that defense saving its bacon.

javal_lon likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

I'd want the entire offense to start but after what happened to Duane Brown last season, I hope many get a day off. Hoping to see another clowney spotted eating cotton candy and gambling thread.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I know. But that was a different franchise. Beating the raiders is just more probable than the Chiefs. The Texans should have won that game in Mexico City and they made Carr look mediocre. Honestly, I don't want to see any of the Chiefs right now. Tyreek is bound to have 2 or more big plays on this defense.

Zacatecas likes this.
  12. Nimo

Nimo Member

So will 6 division wins.

13. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I would be thrilled to see Raiders vs. Texans. After Carrs injury, it's now two teams mediocre at QB.

The defense lead by Clowney vs. Mack, Takes the lime light away from the offenses.

14. conquistador#11

in a league that lets the DBs play like men in the post season, not like in the regular season. People forget how outstanding our Defense was against the chiefs in that playoff game before the watt injury. And the chiefs MVP hoyer kept moving the ball for kansas city but cushing had an extra step, merciless was unstoppable.In the end hoyer was just too much for us to handle. Steelers and Pats are the only teams that there is no chance against avoid them as long as possible.

#814 conquistador#11, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Bobbythegreat likes this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Very true, even when the Texans played the Chiefs earlier this season it was clear that without their MVP Hoyer, they aren't the same team that crushed the Texans in the playoffs last season.

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No rest for offensive players. Savage still needs redzone reps.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill O'Brien says Tom Savage will start against the Titans

Bill O'Brien said he's not putting a limit on how long his starters will play against the Titans: "We're playing to win."

Bill O'Brien said they'll take a look at how Lamar Miller (ankle) is doing on Wednesday before making a decision about Sunday

[​IMG]

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

"9 and 7 is NOT the bar"

[​IMG]

20. pocketrocket81

I understand where you are coming from. To me it doesn't matter that it was a different franchise, it's still Houston and that's what matters to me. Normally I would agree about having the easiest route to a super bowl. Maybe I am just old and cranky and have more sour grapes towards KC,Steelers Pats and cowgirls. That's just what I want regardless if it's the tough route or not.