1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Athletics @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 22, 2019.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looks tired

raining threes likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fair enough

raining threes likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Regardless...he is not hitting anywhere near as well as he had earlier and last year. It was nice just to see him line a ball to center field for an out.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There it is, I knew someone was going to go there. Take it to the d n d

chievous minniefield likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why would you respond to me then if you have a genuine concern? Did you not notice how that was over multiple pages ago?

So you subconsciously do want to discuss it here because the discussion was already over.

bigdaddy likes this.
  8. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I only hate one MLB team.

Guess which one.

9. Buck Turgidson

That tweet also reminded me that JdJO exists, which I had been doing a good job of forgetting for several years.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

11. SemisolidSnake

Cards trying hopelessly to find relevance now they're not even the best professional sports team in town. Any Astros fans in attendance should take signs that say "Go Astros. Go Blues."

12. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Nah, he’s right.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Better than Josh Innes. Oh I miss Richard Justice.

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Meh... the 2004 Cards got swept in the WS (forever remembered as the team that helped the Red Sox break the "curse"), then the Astros take care of them the following year despite an all-time gut punch game 5 loss.

Most diehard Cardinal fans don't really revere those 2001-2005 teams (and they've blocked out the memories of the 1998-1999 McGwire years)... yes, it was the birth of Pujols, but their "happy" memories of the dynasty starts from 2006 on.

15. raining threes

METOO!!!

16. raining threes

Man, how the Cards have fallen off since Luhnow left.

Guess now that they cant hack into Juhnow's account and have fallen off we can see who the true brains behind the Cards championships was.

17. HTM

HTM Member

I actually do root for the Astros and the Blues. What a world we live in right?

18. SemisolidSnake

I do, too. It's fun to throw a little shade at the Cards given our extensive history with them. St. Louis is my second home. Most of my family's there, I went to school there, and I have a Fredbird toy in my room right now. But, hey, it's fun to see them not dominating the NL Central, and it's awesome to see that now everyone know that there was another team in St. Louis all along. And I mean, no one in St. Louis would take offense from my proposed sign, because everyone loves or should love the Blues; they had one of the greatest runs to a championship in pro sports history.

19. HTM

HTM Member

Yea both my parents are from St.Louis and moved here in the 80's (like many people) and most of my extended family lives there and since we don't have an NHL franchise I root for the Blues... fack the Cardinals though... My parents became Astros season ticket holders in the 80's and quickly left the Cardinals behind.

20. SemisolidSnake

Heh, my parents moved down here to Houston at the end of the 70s, and my mom said it took a couple years to fully transition over to the Astros. Trust me, though; she has fully transitioned, though she still checks in on the Cards just because.

Hell, she actually used to go to Browns games with her grandfather every Sunday for a doubleheader before they left. I doubt most people even know that St. Louis once had two baseball teams. Or a basketball team that's now in Atlanta. Or a football team also and still named the Cardinals. And she used to go to Blues games with her dad, so she was pretty excited about this year.