1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ White Sox

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by J.R., Aug 8, 2017.

1. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Injured or not

Mental or not

Get Keuchel out of the damn game

Rox Addict likes this.
  2. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Dallas Keuchel can chupandas mi verga.

Nook likes this.
  3. chievous minniefield

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welp Lunhow you still think this pitching staff is World Series ready

5. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Honestly, if this the Keuchel, and McCullers, we get the rest of the season, it doesn't matter what trade they did or didn't make.

BigM, DudeWah, Tomstro and 1 other person like this.
  6. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

Just **** my **** up fam. I bet Detroit asking price for Verlander just double. I'll take the corpse of Wandy Rodriguez right now

7. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

First couple of starts rust. But at start number three I expected to see some measure of improvement. Here has been NONE. DK draws a sh*t team in the White Sox and they are giving him the prison shower treatment. If Lunhow is talking to Detroit he better talk harder. Once in the playoffs good pitching will beat good hitting. I don't care what kind of year all our guys are having. They are not going to score 8 and 9 runs against Kershaw, Kluber, Sale and the like. So having starters that can't be counted on is going to equal a first round exit which would = failure. I don't care if we win 104 in the regular season which with Fiers and Peacock as your studs seems highly unlikely. Open up the damn purse strings or lower your ticket prices. Decide what kind of organization you want to be.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

This Is our ace getting shelled by the worst offense in the AL. wonder if lunhow is paying attention.

adw likes this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

adw likes this.
  10. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

That's how you make a catch JAKE!

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

The rest of us who aren't buying the whole "poor Dallas, it's fine he complained to the media" bit.

Edit:

I'll clarify. We had a World Series rotation with a healthy Keuchel, LMJ, and McHugh. We're not accomplishing **** with those guys being broken, regardless of what Luhnow did.

DK hid his injury last year. That was idiotic. He complained to the media this year. That was idiotic.

I'm getting pretty tired of him being injury prone and complaining about what others are doing. He needs to worry about himself.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  12. chievous minniefield

This will mostly fall on deaf ears, but you couldn't be more right.

There is no point to any of this without, at a minimum, B+ level Keuchel and LMJ.

How I hope they can get their heads out of their asses or whatever it will take for them to get back to the preening D-bag bat-missers we need them to be.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Thats how the night is going folks, Our CF gets punked and theirs makes a phenomenal catch.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

He's tossing the ball up there like he's a dad throwing to his kid for the Home Run Derby. I don't disagree with his post-trade deadline comment...but at least he could pull his own f***ing weight.

adw likes this.
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Regardless of what happens the rest of the year, they need better starting pitching to support the young MVP core.

Whitley is 2 years away. Martes is going to need time as well.

They can't keep wasting these guys prime years without trying to improve pitching.

everyday eddie and adw like this.
  16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

The White Sox are terrible. 4-23 since AS break and yet DK gets shelled.

17. chievous minniefield

This is fair. Especially in light of DK's disappearing act. For 2.5 years, this team has flown and sunk with the performance of Keuchel and McCullers. We need to step off that roller coaster.

We don't need a big trade to augment our 1 and 2, at this point. We need a big trade to replace them.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. fiersdownbelow

I won't bash Luhnow too hard for the trade situation but I think it's safe to say he's not winning Manager of the Year...

mick fry likes this.
  19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

I'm saying who cares bc at this point you're insane if you think the FO is just taking Dallas at his word on how he's feeling. They're not just waiting around for him to say something. There's zero chance they didn't notice his velocity drop in his rehab stints.

At this point I'm more inclined to think that Lunhow and co know damn well DK is damaged goods and they weren't willing to trade any of their top farm arms bc they know they'll need them sooner rather than later and were simply unwilling to trade them for anything short of a stud MLB pitcher w control, which simply didn't exist this year. Doesn't make me feel any better honestly but that's the only reasonable explanation.

chievous minniefield and DudeWah like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

None of the farm pitchers are going to be ready any time soon.

Martes is the closest, and he needs a helluva lot of mechanics adjusting. None of them will ever have come close to throwing 200 innings. There's also the high likelihood that at least one of them has an injury, as is the case with most MLB pitchers.

The staff may be ready to go by 2020...and that's not going to be the best use of Altuve/Springer/Correa cheap prime years.