1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Spring Training

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Feb 12, 2020.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Stay you.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#122 J.R., Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  3. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I wonder if this all will entice Crane to spend even more money than he planned. This has become beyond personal. More eyeballs are on this organization than ever before in our history. It is not the time to back down and be weak. We must win big!

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Would be awesome if he takes this approach. Just a big FU to all of baseball and throw some money around.

I do think the Astros pool of trad-able players has diminished with so many outspoken players.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. mick fry

mick fry Member

I don’t think Dusty is the type of manager to allow his team to take any crap, if they come after us then we will go after them. In fact he may already be in Clicks ear that he wants a couple of expendable “wild” heat throwers. Probably not but hey ya never know.

#125 mick fry, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    lw17 likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I wouldn't let the media sanctimony sway you... the Astros still have plenty of players, and prospects, who are coveted by other team's front offices.

Icehouse, RayRay10, The Beard and 2 others like this.
  7. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I'm more referring to other players that have blasted the Astros publicly. For example Kris Bryant.

8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If the Astros have a need that is filled via a possible trade... and said player doesn't have a no-trade clause... they can't really refuse or risk missing paychecks.

I guarantee you no MLB player is willing to miss paychecks over this... regardless of how "angry" the media is portraying them to be.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Is Crane cheating on his [luxury] taxes?

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Will the Astros be wearing ear plugs for away games?

11. astros123

astros123 Member

Wish crane wouldve bought the Rockets. While TF is trading away first round picks to save money we have a real owner not ashamed to spend money.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

#132 J.R., Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    mikol13, everyday eddie and The Beard like this.
  13. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I would assume no other teams will want to trade good players to us?

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

lol

other teams don’t want to trade good players to anyone. When they trade good players they want the best return, NO GM will take a worse deal than we offer just so he doesn’t have to deal with us. Well maybe the Rangers but that’s why they always suck

jiggyfly, raining threes and Icehouse like this.
  15. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Agreed, with as bad as Crane and his PR spin we probably couldn't have wished for a better owner to take over this team after McLane left and the MLB forced us in the AL. Has made some great hires and seems to be really in tune with the team but does not micro manage. Has kept old Astros greats, Nolan Ryan, Bagwell, Biggio fully involved.

Probably the perfect owner to continue on after this debacle too. He definitely has a natural chip on his shoulder just like a lot of the players. Sounds like he has always teetered on the edge of legal vs. illegal in all of his business ventures which may not be a good thing overall but I say he has done more good than bad for the City of Houston regardless of if he has done shady things in the past. One thing is for sure is that he is a competitor and never loses sight of the ultimate goal unlike Tilman who is as fake as they come.

RayRay10, Nook, BossHogg713 and 2 others like this.
  16. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Opening day can’t get here soon enough. I’m ready to see this team go scorched earth on the rest of baseball.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Handles

Handles Member

Wait did Correa say LMJ is feeling sexy? I knew our clubhouse would be tight with each other this year, but not that tight :D

19. awc713

awc713 Member

For context, the first quote from J.R., above, was a response from George when asked whether this offseason has had any affect on his resigning in HOU. Seems like writing is on the wall that he’s out...but money talks and he seems to love being in HOU, so who knows.

20. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

why would you say the writing is on the wall that he is leaving?

Ive seen nothing to make me believe that is the case