1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Rangers

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Keep all series info in this thread. Remember no play by play in this thread there are other places to get that. Keep discussions focused on the series. Non game discussion go in there own threads. All games are on RSSW unless otherwise noted.

9-14 Scott Kazmir, LHP vs. Cole Hamels, LHP 7:05

9- 15 Collin McHugh, RHP vs. Martin Perez, LHP 7:05

9-16 Dallas Keuchel, LHP vs. Derek Holland, LHP 7:05

9-17 Lance McCullers, RHP vs. Colby Lewis, RHP 7:05

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Huge series for both teams. Should be a playoff-type atmosphere in Arlington.

3. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Wow, 3 lefties in a row, and Gomez is injured, lets hope he gets healthy FAST.
    Only lefty that really kills lefties is Martin Perez, so we could see Rasmus play a lot if Gomez can't play.
    Is a pity Carter has been so bad because he could help in that ballpark and with all those lefties.

Now, there is a new name, Duffy, against all those lefties he could be very helpful, lets hope for worse scenario a split, and maybe 3 of 4 for the Astros. The epic win on Sunday could carry us a win on Monday, go Astros.

4. conquistador#11

if the bullpen and umps holds it together, we should win this series.

No saunafield, as the humidity level will be 25-30% compared to 100% from the previous meetings.

5. DunKingDanny

DunKingDanny Contributing Member

What are the odds that Kazmir actually gets some sort of run support tonight??

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

There is only one team in the AL West with a positive run differential. That team needs to show up against the Rangers. All of these games should have playoff intensity.

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I don't usually make series predictions, but when I do...WWWW.

I really hope we can stick it to Hamels tonight, as he turned down the opportunity to play with our young, talented, hungry, and never-quit team. His loss, and our future financial flexibility's gain.

Let's go King Felix on him, put up an 8 spot in the 1st, and then deplete their bullpen for the rest of the series. Ok fine, I'll take a 4-2 win.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MUST. WIN. DIVISION.

WWWW

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Their best against your best. No excuses!

Tuesday night is on ESPN.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Enough of the Road Astros bullshi. Lets get it done

11. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

For the love of Carlos Delgado, please take this series and make that Southern Oklahoma team's fans crawl back to their upsidedown loaned mcmansions.

WWWW

12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

No more playing around, we are better than them. One good series and the recent struggles will feel like a distant memory.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really hope yesterday was a turning point for the team and they come out with a lot of energy (juice?!) for this series.

Also, please don't give the guys up here more to crow about coming off of last night's SNF game :rolleyes:

Go 'stros!!

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Wish I could believe that - they've played MUCH better than us since the All-star Break. This series Scares me. We only won 1 game in LA, this team is better than LA.

I just hope last nights 9th inning gave the Astro's some kind of confident with their hitting and they take that with them to Arlington.

15. Nook

Nook Member

The Rangers lost two out of three to the Angels a week ago.... the same as the Astros.

The Astros are 4-6 in their last 10 and the Rangers are 5-5.

The Astros have led the division for 90% of the season.

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros are a much better team. They've had to suck to allow the Rangers to have the slightest bit of hope.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rangers have still been outscored since the All Star break. They have a decent offense and a bad pitching staff.

We are not playing up to the sum of our parts right now. We have a higher OPS than them, and our ERA is almost a full run lower. We are equal to or better than them in all aspects, and it's time for this team to show it.

18. E-Man

E-Man Member

It would take another miracle for the Astros to sweep the Rangers. I would so love this to happen but taking 3/4 or 2-2 would be nice. Going 0-4 would tick me off!

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dallas in a nutshell. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DallasSucks?src=hash">#DallasSucks</a> <a href="http://t.co/us8BHP7aWh">pic.twitter.com/us8BHP7aWh</a></p>&mdash; Bags4HoF (@Bags4HoF) <a href="https://twitter.com/Bags4HoF/status/643263225052590080">September 14, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. awc713

awc713 Member

anybody driving up for any of the games?

i'm going thursday...to celebrate the sWWWWeep