1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Sanchez is a little weird. A lot of risk, though potentially a lot of reward. I tend to think prospects will produce more than expected when their GM says, "F@+> off" when other teams ask about him. When a prospect is traded, I tend to think maybe his old team knew something.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Right, and Tucker being a great or even very good player for very little money the next few years will help with resigning Verlander, George, Cole, etc

We must have done really good cheap players to afford the others

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The DH creates another full time playing position, of course the owners don't want it.

Why would it be different in the next CBA, the players want a million other things and still have very little to actually concede in a negotiation.

4. Buck Turgidson

Gotta mix in a #NoSoupForYou somewhere

cmlmel77 and awc713 like this.
  5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I hope the Indians stumble out of the gate (unfortunate injury to Lindor, but he hopefully won't miss too much of the regular season) and become sellers, and we use some of our prospect currency to add Kluber.

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They could stumble, fall, get back up, take a break, stumble again and still win that poor excuse of a division with ease. Doomsday scenario still be at least in the hunt

Nook and Nippystix like this.
  7. awc713

awc713 Member

It's mutually beneficial at the end of the day. I would be surprised if universal DHing wasn't in place by 2022. I think the only reason it wasn't changed this year is because it's too late in the offseason for the 2019 season.

Manfred and co. clearly want it to happen. Better offenses = more runs = more exciting. I'm just saying, aside from arguing the merits of universal DHing, that's just the way this league is headed. Manfred is dead-set on revamping baseball, for better or worse. The players clearly want it as well. It'll create a ton of offensive jobs. 15 teams will get 700 or so actual at-bats a year. There's talk of expanding roster sizes as well. Teams can either take the Cruz-like approach (one full time DH) or the Astros approach, i.e., resting stars and giving legitimate opportunities to more players.

Pretty much, the only fans who don't want universal DHing are the minority, traditionalist ones [Sidenote: I'd bet there's a large cross-section between fans who don't want the DH and who didn't vote for Bagwell]. That said, I was against universal DHing back in 2011-12 when HOU changed leagues. But it really is a more exciting product. Hell, the MLB can do an NL-style weekend, or just make the all-star game NL-style. Ultimately, it just seems like a matter of time before the DH is universal.

#3587 awc713, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hope the Indians, Yankees and Red Sox stumble all year :D

9. Buck Turgidson

It's inevitable at this point.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s always great to re-visit why the NL didn’t adopt the DH back in the day when it was clearly a popular addition to the game... basically, it happened by accident as a certain owner was out fishing and wasn’t available via land line phone to discuss the vote (it was the Phillies owner, I believe).

11. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Looking to get myself some Astros jerseys. Never bought some before. Any tips on when to get. Don’t wanna get old one sif new 2019 are coming out or something. Also, what’s the diff one some of these jerseys. 2 of the same cost diff prices. One authentic the other is not? Which one better for the price . Help ya boy out

12. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

Use eBay. Prices are much better.

You could go with the classic rainbow Nolan Ryan jersey, or a more modern Altuve one. I would start with one of those.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Find a Colt .45s Jersey. You'll stand out from the crowd

Nook likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

The best:

[​IMG]

15. bobrek

20190208_190832.jpg

mikol13 likes this.
  16. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Theres a site on FB I use I can get all authentic jerseys of any team any NFL mlb nhl nba and soccer 20 bucks a piece.

Its not hard to find just type In mlb jerseys

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Buck Turgidson

What's a "Cozt"? And I hope you're getting some sun down in Tampa.

19. biff17

biff17 Member

I really don't think those are authentic.

King1 likes this.
  20. bobrek

It was printed at TAMU

Hustle Town likes this.