1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Mariners

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Apr 10, 2017.

1. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I suppose I can empathize with the handful of real fans they have. But I was there on Tuesday...it boggles my mind that 2/3 (maybe more) of the stadium was empty for the first night game of the season. Wed. didn't look much better. Yeah, not a good start record-wise...but it's still day 2 (and day 1 was a weekday day-game) for a team that was projected to improve upon a 2nd place, 86 win season

Unfortunately, it's not surprising given the fans out here. They seem more fair-weather as a group than Houston fans. So it's hard to feel bad seeing that in person (and seeing the Seahawks bandwagoners)

3. dmoneybangbang

I usually follow the SB blog of our opponents as we play them, they do have a good one over there at LookoutLanding. It's always interesting to look at the other side fan's thoughts and opinions as it's not all blind homerism.

Gotta feel for the Mariners even though they are in our division, just feel enough to know you are still human as I'm glad we beat them and wouldn't want it any other way.

4. dmoneybangbang

I've been somewhat impressed by Astros fan showing up so far. Houston is/can be a pretty big baseball city.

texans1095 likes this.
  5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am pretty sure the sympathy I am seeing for Seattle will never be there for Texas, even if they went 0-162.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  6. HTM

HTM Member

Why the hell would I feel sorry for any fanbase? I'm 25 years old and a Houston sports fans.... they've provided jack s*** in my living memory. Easily one of the worst sports towns in America with 3 major teams.

Rodman23, texans1095 and wouldabeen23 like this.
  7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Missing the rockets championship years stinks. I'm five years older and came of age as a sports fan right when they were winning the titles. Then the Astros' really good teams led by their two HOFers happened a few years later as the rockets reign ended. Those were definitely awesome times to be a Houston sports fan in my slightly older lifetime. Everything after the Astros 2005 World Series run has been mediocre.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Huh? Don't forget the Texans back-to-back 9-7AFC South Championships! Now those were exciting times!!

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Mediocre is putting it nicely...

HTM likes this.
  10. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

11. Buck Turgidson

Nope. 2 weeks into the season. Game Over, Man!!!

Rodman23 likes this.
  12. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

The broad seems pretty reasonable compared to posts in game threads.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.