1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Cubs (One Night ONLY!!)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 11, 2007.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trade Walt!!!

2. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Biggio is 3 for 32 for the month. I wish he would retire the day after he gets his 3000 hits.

3. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

he's an insult to the game and team sports, and he's made a complete mockery of the 3k hit club.

.219 and the worst defensive 2b in league....and they start him and lead him off. so sickening.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

why is biggio still on the team. Houston teams are wayy to loyal.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

... and the worst defensive 2b in league ...

Jeff Kent is no longer an Astro, FWIW.

6. msn

msn Member

Would you say that to his face?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Well I've got great news for you then. Ausmus is 6-20 this month.

8. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Please quit complaining about Biggio. I'm sure he didn't come back this year and plan to hit only .220. I think he expected to hit .250 which would've been fine, but I think he probably feels embarrassed that he is struggling this bad. He deserves his 3,000 hits. If not for the 1994 strike or his knee injury in 2000, he proably would've gotten there last year. If just one happened, he would've gotten there early this year at the latest.

9. msn

msn Member

Complaining is fine, or unavoidable anyway. It's the ridiculous, hyperbolic reduction of a Hall of Famer (and solid citizen) to some bad-news-bear comedy of errors on the field that is annoying and offensive. And stupid. (Now watch him come back with a "blind homer" reference.)

10. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

f'n typical...close, but no cigar...

11. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

uhhh...no. that would be really strange. what exactly is your point though? would you go up to any player with any critical comment that you made on an internet message board and say it to their faces? i guess i didn't realize that i had to stop and consider if i'd say what i was about to type to somebody's face before i submit it.

how hilarious would that be if after every negativity spoken about a houston sports figure by a caller, charlie pallilo snapped back with, "WOULD YOU SAY THAT TO HIS FACE??""

lol....what a strange, strange thing to say.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Would you say all this to MSN's face? Including "lol"?

13. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

would you say that to my face? disparage my usage of internet acronyms to my face, and you'd better be packin' heat boy!

14. msn

msn Member

That it's easy to flaunt your Internet bravado and spew refuse like this when you're hiding behind your keyboard and your screen. Sad. Freaking sad.

Yes. Of course, my critical comments (while they have no more authority than yours) are based solely on performance and not laced with juvenile insults. Would I ask Bidge to his face why he won't lay off the low-and-away breaking pitch? Yes, I would. He might make me look as stupid as I am, but I would say it to his face. You, however--by your own admission no less--apparently have two faces.

So you're saying you didn't realize personal integrity still matters? Check.

A question I've wanted to ask that guy for years. And yes, I'd say it to his face. I'd also question Richard Justice to his face and ask why my favorite city's sports section has to suck.

How sad. Do you say things behind your wife's back that you don't say to her face? Your boss? Your kids? What a strange, strange way to live.

15. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

ahhh, i love the smell of massive self-righteousness and delusion in the morning.

also, let me backtrack. i would gladly tell biggio how bad i think he is. call me crazy, but i dont foresee myself being in a social situation with the loser anytime soon though. if he tried to hit me, he'd only have about a 21.9% chance of connecting anyway.

16. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Lol, he broke down portions of what he said. No offense man, I just find it hilarious when people break down posts into 3-sentence increments like that. It's like a point-counterpoint way of arguing.... on a messageboard! :D

17. msn

msn Member

So, because it's unlikely you'd ever interact socially, it's OK to have two standards? Or, to say you have two then quickly change your mind when someone calls you out on it? Aaah, I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning.

18. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And we'd all be praying mightily that he did connect. You're a moron and a disgrace to this board.

19. msn

msn Member

No offense taken. I wanted to respond to each piece of drivel individually. It probably is silly, but so is the whole concept of an Internet message board.

20. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Usually 'LOL' is typed with all capital letters.

I know, it annoys me too when people do this. Makes it hard to follow.

I'm sure he wasn't offended.

Yeah, it's pretty funny.

It's crazy, right?

Exactly.

I know, right?