1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 25, 2017.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

y'all are crazy. When you're running full speed and the wall is approaching, you slide every time if possible to avoid the full-sprint-into-wall issue. It becomes instinct, and a body-protection move. Nothing about cheesing at all

2. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yeah, and it's the 5 walks in 3 innings that has me most concerned since he really seemed to be struggling with command prior to DL stint. I really hope he can bounce back. I thought he had turned corner this year and was on way to being a true ace.

3. edwardc

edwardc Member

He still had 5 ft in the field of play come on nah let call it what it was no need to slide on that play.

4. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pujols is due a bomb ! I hope Collin doubles him up

5. kaleidosky

Nori, who everyone wanted to be dumped after Fisher started hot?

Why is a shitty veteran OF (like Rajai) any better than Fisher? Neither are good right now...the upside from Fisher is in his potential breakout. The upside in a Davis-type is if he rediscovers his mediocre self from a year or 3 ago. Given that either one is a backup/injury-replacement anyway... I'd rather have Fisher I think

6. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Nah ! The first one definitely yes but that second one he was just showing off with his predator looking self :)

7. kaleidosky

totally agree on the amount! 5 feet when you have a seriously fast guy sprinting maybe 30-40 feet towards a wall...that's not much stopping space at all. If you sprint through that catch, you have to let your body slam into the wall, at least partially. A slide is infinitely kinder on the body

8. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

I've said it before Calhoun looks like he'd be a douche ! Not sure why he just looks that way !!!!

9. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

Do the stros catchers ever throw runners out

10. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

They better win this one for Collin he's pitched his heart out!!!!

11. Nook

Nook Member

JD Martinez and Curtis Granderson were upgrades. Davis is just a name at this point. Fisher is likely to be starting next year and will see his at bats naturally cut when we are healthy this year. I am all for adding a bat but we missed our chance and need to concentrate on what we have.

12. SemisolidSnake

It's crazy to see Albert Pujols batting .230. I mean, yeah, he's 37, but this is the most terrifying batter of his generation, and one of the all-time greats. That move out to the Angels has not been kind to him.

13. Rox Addict

Supporting Member

I was one of the few who really liked what Nori brought to the team ! He's a solid player and I really think they are missing him right now ! I don't think Fisher is quit ready and he has really regressed the last few weeks

kaleidosky likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Bregman could be close to hitting 300 if he keeps this up... all the way up to 285.

15. kaleidosky

JD would have been a clear upgrade. Granderson is an upgrade while he's hot...he was awful the 1st half of the year.

Again, when healthy, the player we're talking about is an injury-risk-replacement. Marwin should be in LF. But yes, if Yuli is still struggling or something, it'd be nice to plug a Granderson in against righties

16. edwardc

edwardc Member

It is kinder on the body but if you don't need to slide don't he could have jammed a knee with that slide.

17. Rox225

I was for giving Fisher a shot over Aoki, but never wanted to get rid of Aoki. I would have preferred someone like Bruce, but that's no longer an option. At end of day I'd trust a vet over Fisher. Even if someone like Davis is no better from a statistical pov I'd trust his judgment in a key spot in playoff game, whether that's as a defensive sub or pinch runner. Just my preference at this point with this team. But, as Nook said, that opportunity has passed.

18. mick fry

mick fry Member

Talk about flirting with disaster.

19. Rox225

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

Okay breathe people.