1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 6th man award = Mike Miller

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mikeylu, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

2. Cesar^Geronimo

no love for Ryan Bowen?

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

yeah, well-deserved. hopefully he can pick that up in the playoffs and help the grizz get at least 1 franchise win there..

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I had actually forgotten he was a bench player with the Grizzlies now. Is this considered good, I mean here is a player who won Rookie of the Year 5 years ago and now he is winning 6th man of the Year. Maybe his draft class just sucked, I'll look that up.

5. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

The Grizzlies have been like this every year since their breakout season. For some reason, Hubie and MF never seemed to mind keeping some of their top-five players out of the starting lineup. And for some other reason, the players don't seem to mind it either. I mean, the team's 2nd best scorer is their 6th man? WTF?

They're not as loaded top-to-bottom as they were a year or two ago, so why keep this 10-man (almost) equal rotation thing going? They went out and rid themselves of Williams, Wells and Posey in favor of more veteran leadership, which I guess merits starting the likes of Stoudemire, Jackson and Jones - but why not put your best talents out there as much as you can and wait to pull the veteran presence off the bench until things start to sloppy? At least that seems to me a better method than waiting until they're behind to bring the scoring punch in. Battier's a good starter, but couldn't they use Miller at the 2? At least let him play more minutes than Oldie Jones. Damn.

6. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen = 12th man award.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mike Miller.....

6th man of the year in regular season.
    Forgotten man in playoffs.