1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] 2013 NBA Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, Feb 7, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why do they do this **** to us every year? Just have a straight up ****ing dunk contest -- it's not rocket surgery.

2. 713

713 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dunk contest?</p>&mdash; LeBron James (@KingJames) <a href="https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/299739331143274496">February 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. KingCheetah

^

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jiSj3hOlc0E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not sure he can spell "H", but I'm pulling for him to do well.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

James White on Dunk Contest: ‘I have about 5 dunks where I’m absolutely certain that I will get a 50′

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...k-contest-5-dunks-where-m-192515466--nba.html

Excerpt :

------------------------------------------

"Whatever I do is going to be new. It's not going to be seen in the NBA dunk contest," he said. "You've seen it maybe on YouTube, but you haven't seen it on the NBA stage. You've seen windmills. Everything they do has to be with gimmicks, which is what's making it corny."

White said he doesn't practice any of his dunks for two main reasons: He's getting older and he likes to feel out each contest first to decide what he's going to do. But he always saves one "last dunk just in case." In the case of this year's All-Star Weekend, he already has that special one in his back pocket, but he's keeping it a secret. [...]

"I have a dream of doing something, but I can't tell you what it is," he said. "I told some guys and they were like, 'Nah, you can't do that.' Then somebody else brought up another one, and that's a good idea. The dunk I'm talking about is crazy. I don't think nobody thought of that. If they did, they wouldn't think they can do it. It's not too difficult, but it's crazy. Somebody actually has to help on that one."

1 person likes this.
  6. Vanilla_Shake

Vanilla_Shake Member

Would be nice seein LeBron in there. Dunk from FT Line of the dribble...

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well it can't be that bad because they don't have to spin a wheel and recreate a dunk. Only difference from before is that instead of individuals, they dunk as teams, and the best Dunker from each conference goes head to head.

Sure, it kills any chance of a White vs Green dunk off, (although they will have a one dunk off if they both have same scores before the final dunk off), but it's not that bad as people are making to be. We still get to see 6 guys do their best dunks.

8. KingCheetah

I probably post this too much, but this contest is sick and it was just two years ago -- I think Green and White are going to go off.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzc0Nj3xIrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. KingCheetah

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aJcSDmUgyBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Imo the worst is fan voting.. Cause that works so well in All Star selections..

Hell if they had Jeremy Lin competing, fan voting would ensure he won in a landslide

11. Genuine

Genuine Member

I'm rolling with GREEN. Houston made, Houston raised.

12. KingCheetah

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6PRksuAaoT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I should have included part two.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Are you serious?!?! :eek: green with the bounce pass from the rafters and white with a free throw line between the legs! My god these dunk attempts were better than 95% of the dunks post Vince Carter contest

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

White IS about this life

15. KingCheetah

16. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Dikembe Mutombo says he wil join Clyde Drexler and Hakeem Olajuwon n helping judge the Slam Dunk Contest during All-Star Saturday night.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/301764934604304384">February 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Great!!!! No random judges, but real Houston Rockets legends :) Question is: will their judgment be final or fan votes again?

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ugh... they ran out of original ideas for legal dunks... they can't come up with anything new... :eek: it sucks.
    Because Mutombo knows all about finesse, agility, and spectacular... dunks...?!?!? :confused:

19. KingCheetah

The 10 greatest Slam Dunk Contests

10. 1990 Slam Dunk Contest

Dominique Wilkins, an all-time great in dunk contests, was back for a swan song after sitting out 1989 and losing an epic head-to-head matchup with Michael Jordan in 1988.

link