1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2013 NBA Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by KingCheetah, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

James "Royce" White.

Couldn't help but laugh at him. Also I agree that there should be no more than a second attempt. After that, you're out. Glad I only caught the replay on youtube and didn't watch this live.

2. VanityHalfBlack

How does one get into the dunk contest, through youtube videos??? Isn't it how many dunks you make in an actual NBA game to consider to be a dunk participant??? Someone explain this please?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FIFY...

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ba_lXpFgQKg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. 713

713 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ImAMVqA6mug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Evans got in last year through YouTube.

This year CP3 picked 3 guys from the West and DWade picked 3 guys from the East.

If it were # of dunks in a game, it would probably be all 7 footers.

7. conquistador#11

are those 2 best friends? i was puzzled when i saw our pf during some of the events.

8. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

I think they attended the same high school together.

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/index.ssf/2012/07/terrence_ross_and_terrence_jon.html

its from last year but i found this about them

10. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I was excepting to see some of these dunks ... but guess age caught up

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wolosB6ttXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He said he could still do all those dunks. I think he just choked under the spotlight

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I thought Green's first dunk was the best of all. Perfect form, smooth, great height, got it on the first attempt, he nailed every aspect of it.

All he needed to do was dunk with hang time and tried too hard to do something new. I think he should have done a windmill off the bounce first. Then, that reverse he did. Guaranteed 50s and he goes to the championship round.

James white just looked like he didnt have it anymore. And his shoes always looks 10 sizes too big.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Seeing that 2000 dunk contest makes me sad about the crowd's reaction and atmosphere this year. Everybody was standing back then, ooohhhss and aaahhss, cheering, loud clapping, the building was electrifying. It's not the same any more, even Jones is looking at that dunk by Ross like okay, whatever.

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RsttCu9ineQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

White's first dunk was really the best of the night -- watching it again he should have moved the 'props' much wider -- that clearly messed with his normal run up. All the rest is on him though obviously.

I wish all the contestants had more dunks -- maybe 4 in the first round with the top two going towards your score. No more than 3 attempts or you're done with that dunk and get the minimum score. That would keep contestants from getting exhausted -- if White would have made that 2nd dunk after 4 or 5 tries he still would have been too tired for the next round.

The dunk contest would better if it was taped and edited -- watching all the missed attempts just kills the fun.