1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Offical] Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 10, 2018.

1. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

2017 Astros World Series Relievers

Chris Devenski
    Ken Giles
    Luke Gregerson
    Will Harris
    Francisco Liriano
    Joe Musgrove
    Brad Peacock

It is just 1 year ago, none of them are on the current roster against Red Sox. It is pretty amazing not just a World Series winning team, but a playoff team to have 0 holdovers. Willy should of been on the roster instead of Smith. Smith reminds me of James Hoyt, he is on the roster so we have to use him.

2. Buck Turgidson

Yep, it is pretty impressive that the FO made the bullpen that much better in the last 2ish months of the season.

BigM likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

That was the chatter on Tuesday as 2018 League Championship Series continued. A report by Metro US on Tuesday that the Houston Astros may have been cheating as part of Game 1 of the ALCS against the Boston Red Sox.
    The story reported that MLB acknowledged a non-credentialed man was near the Red Sox dugout taking pictures with a small camera and “was texting frequently.” The man was removed in the third inning and did not have media credentials leading Metro US to speculate that the Astros were potentially cheating by trying to steal signs or other information.

But late on Tuesday a source with knowledge of the situation but asked to speak anonymously said that while the person in question was with the Astros, he was actually trying to ensure that the Red Sox were not the ones cheating.

In September of last year, Red Sox trainer Jon Jochim was found to have been using an Apple Watch to steal signs from opponents. The source that spoke to me said that the overzealous Astros employee was looking to ensure that what had happened last year did not happen to the current World Series Champions as they look to return to the Fall Classic.

As to whether there will be any further investigation around the incident, the matter has now been closed by MLB.

4. Projecks15

Projecks15 Member

Pretty sure a lot of fans lost trust in Osuna already. Dude I was Ken Giles 2.0 last night.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He was just celebrating Brad Lidge Memorial Day a day early...

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Osuna was brought in the game in a non-save situation. This screws with closers. Hinch cost us the game last night.

7. Buck Turgidson

Stros are 1-8 and 2-7 with RISP in the 2 losses.

everyday eddie likes this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Maybe but Hinch didn't throw the pitches. I can certainly agree with the argument that it was a mistake not to let Keuchel go out for the 6th. I get the idea of putting Osuna in at that moment. You want to keep it to 1 run and trust your offense to hit Kimbrel again. Didn't work out last night. They've always said they'll put relievers in to situations that might not be traditional. It's not news to the players when it happens in a game. IMO, that is, in a way, a save situation. Osuna's job was to preserve the score as it was to give the team a chance. Good news is, he bounces back.

mikol13 likes this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

Can't go down 1-3, that would be a steep climb back into the series. Possible but not probable. Game four is a must win.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

But he was nails in a 4-out save situation in Game 2 vs the Indians in the ALDS. He had a bad outing, no doubt. But Giles played with fire all season last year and finally got torched in Game 4 of the World Series. Osuna has been reliable since the Astros acquired him. He deserves another shot before being written off.

Regardless, Game 4 is a must-win. And really it's more on the offense than the bullpen. I don't give a crap what the relievers did last night. 2 runs at home is not gonna get it done.

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So we sent a spy to spy on them to see if they were cheating?

12. ktex

ktex Member

Teams don't repeat for a reason. We are basically playing without Altuve and Correa and we aren't getting the breaks we got last year. To win you have to be great, healthy, lucky, and smart. It's do or die tonight.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh the ones that know nothing about baseball who cares

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

can't wait for all the posts back on the stros bandwagon after tonight. good thing the turnaround is so quickly. all these its over posts are just dumb

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It was never gonna be simple, Boston won 108 games for a reason. On top of that Correa and Altuve clearly aren't healthy. Gonna be tough if we drop today's game, but a win and we're right back on track. The randomness of the baseball postseason is impossible to predict, regardless of how much somebody thinks they know.

As I suspected, I still have a real zen feeling about this team. I have full confidence we can come back and win it all, but even if we don't, I'm OK with it. When we lost those games to the Yankees and Dodgers last year I felt like s**t most of the day. The title just took so much of the edge off.

DavidRocket and MadMax like this.
  16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

A new day. Time to conquer it

17. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

Feeling good about tonight. They jump out to an early lead. Astros hang on for a 6-3 win.

18. AB

AB Contributing Member

It was a bit disappointing yesterday but we are playing a 108 win team. It is supposed to be tough.

Lets see what happens today. A win today should bring confidence/momentum back

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

A win tonight is so big considering the SP issues Boston has after today. Reports are that Sale might not be ready for Game 5...which means Eduardo Rodriguez starts game 5 or they go with a bullpen game. Or, Sale starts at not 100%.

20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morton needs to have a clean first inning imo. I would like for us to get out to an early lead like game 1.