1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Offense is now a problem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I for one am pretty concerned at this point about Terrence Jones being our number 3 option. Add in that I am equally concerned about Howard being our #2 some nights.

The Lin deal overall was just terrible. Honestly, we could use Lin on the team BADLY at this point. At least he was an expiring.

We now lack any playmaking on the perimeter outside of James Harden. Who on our roster can create their own shot consistently. Harden definitely, Howard mostly and Jones potentially.

Every thing has gone so badly but we won't even have our high octane offense to depend on any longer.

We have shooters but not scorers. Really need Jones to be a quasi allstar this year.

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ariza scored 15ppg last season.
    That's not only catch and shoot points.

3. chandlerbang21

3pt shooting is biggest problem

4. King901

King901 Member

Why are people crying like we start the season tomorrow?

5. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

dude was in a contract year.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Lin is terrible. Missed open 3 pointers, phantom eye pokes, turning the ball over. He's the reason our offese would stall at times.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Ariza, Canaan, Daniels, and Harden are all exceptional 3 pt shooters. And OP, you're not serious, right? Jones is NOT the third option. Ariza is. I thought that was fairly obvious.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

your name is the biggest problem...change it now.

That is unless your name is Chandler...in which case disregard and carry on. :cool:

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

When you play as fast as we do and have two stars, I seriously doubt offense will be a "problem". Ariza and Parsons will likely be largely a wash, so let's not act like the losses of Asik and Lin are gonna kill our offense. And who knows who else we sign? Let's let it play out first.

10. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

I like Parsons too, but I don't think losing him( and his average at best defense) much of a negative. Our defense looks like it will be much improved with guys like Ariza, Nick Johnson, and potentially popanikolao... All guys that really seem to give effort on the end of the court. So yes, I agree that our offense will not be as great as it was, but I really don't care. I'm sure Howard will appreciate having a few guys other than bev in the rotation that can stop the other team from scoring.

11. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Are you content with Ariza being your third option?

12. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I was thinking about this as well. Not necessary Offense is a problem, but playmaking. Last season we had Harden, Parsons and Lin for playmaking purposes. This season we only have Harden. Nobody to initiate offense when he is on the bench.

I would really like to add someone - a scoring and playmaking option off the bench. From what I understand Lull could be that - if he agrees to come over. Stephenson would be great for that (he was the Pacers best playmaker) but I doubt we have enough money for him.

If we get a great defensive assistant coach, defense might actually be our strong suit next season.

13. Crutch City

Crutch City Member

Seriously...is there a way to do this? Mine was a dig at Lin fans orignally & now kinda wanna change it.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Um....Harden is a scorer. Dwight should he can be a scorer too, if they make an efort to get him the ball. Based on his comments at the end of the season, that's what will happen going forward. So, you have two all-stars, who will both be looking to score and should draw double teams...and we have shooters, as you stated.

WHATS THE PROBLEM?

Lin couldn't create his own shot. He just ran the offense spotted up for threes and occassionally went to the rim. You know who else can do that? Nick Johnson. Beverley (who just said he's going to look to score more).

Parsons couldn't create his own shot either. Ariza can do most of what CP could. CP passed better, but that shouldn't be an issue, if we're feeding off of our all-stars.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

SMH at people volunteering Ariza as the savior 3rd offensive option.

IMO Ariza is a better player than Parsons but Parsons was a better passer and creator.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

DOES THE SEASON START TOMORROW MORNING? Chill man

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Whether or not he's the savior, he is currently the 3rd option.

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Ariza is a better 3 point shooter we still have Troy Daniels we still have Harden Bev hits the corner three...

19. chandlerbang21

Harden shot 29% from 3pt line last season and Canaan most likely won't get many minutes

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

LOL Overreaction way before the season even starts. Can we not wait until at least the 1st pre-season game.