1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Off to the Game....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AtlantaRocketsFan, Feb 9, 2000.

Tags:
  1. AtlantaRocketsFan

got the tickets. off to the game against the hawks.

finally i get a chance to see francis' hops and cross-over in person.

what a treat.

can't wait to boo rider out of the game.

until then... victory!

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Way to go Atlanta! Be sure to give us your insight later on how it went... I'd love to hear

3. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Not to take the shine off going to Rockets game but BUMMA dude.
    I would ask the rockets to pay you a refund on your tickets

[This message has been edited by SmeggySmeg (edited February 09, 2000).]

4. AtlantaRocketsFan

smeggy, i'm changing my name to BummaRocketsFan.....

no refund needed after this game; luckily i was able to use my hawks vouchers to secure 2 seats. thank GOODNESS i didn't pay for this one.

first off, the crowd blows. nothing else to say. the hawks stink this year, atlanta fans are notoriously non-chalant and fair-weather. just no support, minus the little kids that love the team no matter what. boy, those were the days...... before we knew better.

to the game. we just had no energy. the flight didn't make it into atlanta until 230a last nite. the guys just looked tired, weak, un-interested. i think they were looking forward to the break.... they played like they were planning their all-star break schedule. and cato's ejection? my only guess is he had a phone call to make... he showed some stuff on the court, but those technicals were pathetic. 'nuff said.

i was pumped to see francis. who wouldn't be! he had some nice moves, some jukes here and there, one decent slam around the 3rd or 4th. nice court presence. but he looked as sluggish as the others.

drew, decent. he hustles on every play. i certainly appreciate his enthusiasm, esp. in the face of lack of team energy.

i'm with you clutch, everytime moochie moochie moochie moochie touched the ball i loved saying moochie moochie moochie. hit the shot moochie. pass the ball moochie. come on moochie. MOOCHIE! decent player. had a nice couple of assists. who knows...

rudy really never got uptight. i think he knew the team lacked energy... and sort of had that 'well, at least we have a break coming up' attitude. in no way am i dogging him. i could tell the team was tired and ready for a break.

oh, and the hawks just could not miss a shot. everytime any hawk touched the ball it went in. this was certainly not the hawks team i'm used to smelling after stinking up the joint night in and night out.

up against the rockets, the hawks looked like a well-oiled machine.

i don't know enough about set plays, defensive sets, etc etc.... so i really didn't pay too much attention to match-ups and the sort.

overall, they played tired and looked it. and i love saying...

MOOCHIE!

break time fellas. let's get some rest, refocus, and come back strong next half. sounds cliche (which sounds cliche in itself, saying it sounds cliche, which... nevermind).

it was a pleasure to see the team in action. regardless of the outcome i love these guys and will never give up.

i cheered up until the end.

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Must ask AtlantaRocketsMan,
    What did ya think of Mobes game?????

6. AtlantaRocketsFan

oh smeg of smeggyville....

how can i forget mobes?

i'll be honest. he had the quietest 12-19 i've seen in awhile. more honesty, i had no idea he had 30 until i read clutch's recap. i'm not sure how he slipped by.... i guess amongst my displeasure of the tiredness of the team i missed his 30.

beyond his points he never did much worth noting. he splashed an assist or 2 and had a steal.

sorry smeg. i did notice some slashing, which i believe most his points came from. not many jumpers (my mind escapes me....)

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

thx Atlanta...nice report!

Mobes points are often quiet points at the home games i go to. His 14 ppg just kinda sneaks up on your, then he'll have the big games like LA and the frustrating ones as well.

One thing I've noticed, Cato has alley-oop eyes everytime Mobley comes in. I'm willing to bet this is from always playing on the same team during practice. Mobley seems to always know where Cato is and Cato seems to always find the passing seam when Mobley's iso is called. That play is as much about Cato slams as it is about Mobley.

Look for that guys: tell me if you think Mobley is more effective when Cato is on the floor vs when Hakeem is.