1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Observations from Opening Night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sccdct34, Nov 3, 2005.

1. sccdct34

sccdct34 Member

I was at last nights (Opening Night) game and here are a few things I noticed.

• Brad Miller can't guard Yao Ming. If Yao continues to play like that, he'll have a career year and his first year averaging a double-double
    • Peja looks terrible, is it rust or has he lost it?
    • Jon Barry looked great, but, how long before some idiot thinks we should start him? Answer probably soon and no we shouldn't start him.
    • The PA guy at Toyata Center isn't as annoying as last year. No more, "Whose Ball Is It!!??" or "Louder!" every 2 seconds. That damn halftime merchandise guy is still there though and he's gotten worse.
    • Nice job of the Rockets giving out Big Mac's for every win this year for those in attendance instead of the Rockets having to score 100 or hold the opponnet under 80. I remember at least 2 games where I lost a Big Mac because the score was 99-80. Good move guys!
    • The Power Dancers are still really freaking hot.
    • JVG needs to work on their defensive rotation. The new guys looked lost out there. How many times was Brad Miller going to drive to the hole unchallenged before they did something about it?
    • T-Mac looked bad as first, got worried that his knee was hurting him, he was short on everything including free-throws. But he heated up in the 2nd half, looked like he's ok. Hopefully it was just rust from missing the last two pre-season games. I'm sure he'll be fine. :D
    • There needs to be a poster made of Stromile's dunk soon, that was amazing!
    • How many easy baby hooks did Howard miss last night? He's gotta start knocking those down.

2. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

You need to move this to the rockets Board