1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Criticizes the Kardashians

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Classic

Classic Member

Coming from the guy that just dropped $100 million on a trip to Africa. Hilarious.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Him even mentioning there names makes it worse, Kim and Kanye now have Obama as one of there haters. Teens will love that.

3. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

*Police Siren*

Stop! Grammar police!

[​IMG]

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Easy to hate on Kim NOW that she's preggers and no longer a looker.

5. Nook

Nook Member

President Obama is an extremely bright man. I don't mind Obama the citizen discussing or starting a discussion on current issues. In fact I would welcome it, he is very much in touch with young people and is in my opinion very open minded and sincere on the issues. However I don't know that is his job as President. Maybe it should be, I don't know.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Think about what you are saying in a historical context. Yes, America has been about becoming successful. In the past, people did this by inventing things or having an unusual talent. It was not done by being a human train wreck like Khardashian.

In two generations, we have gone from Shirley Temple to Honey Boo Boo. WTF happened along the way to cause that? It is a symptom of a larger societal problem. In short, as a society, we are doomed.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Part of being President though is commenting on the cultural milieu. I don't see anything incompatible with his comments and his job as being President.

Now if he was making this a centerpiece of the State of the Union and proposing a whole bunch of new programs to deal with the threat of Kanye and Kim on the American Dream then I would say that is a problem. In this case he is just making a few comments regarding what he sees as a problem with popular culture and is using the bully pulpit to do so.