1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama completes his 100th round of golf as president, while US economy crumbles

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Major

Major Member

I do remember this. Not only did he lie and play golf 2 months after he claimed to stop, he also managed to piss off the troops by acting like giving up golf was some great sacrifice on his part. Well done, Bush.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may/15/georgebush.usa

Bush's golf claim angers veterans

George Bush has angered US war veterans by declaring that out of solidarity with those who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq he decided to make his own sacrifice: giving up golf.

In an interview with the Politico website, the president said he took the decision because of the war. "I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf. I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Brandon Friedman, a veteran US infantry officer who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, told the Press Association: "Thousands of Americans have given up a lot more than golf for this war. For President Bush to imply that he somehow stands in solidarity with families of American soldiers by giving up golf is disgraceful. It's an insult to all Americans and a slap in the face to our troops' families."

Friedman, who is vice chairman of the US veterans' organisation VoteVets, added: "It shows how disconnected he is from everyday Americans, especially those who are serving in Iraq."

Bush said he laid down his clubs after the August 2003 bombing of United Nations offices in Baghdad that killed the UN's top official in the country, Sergio Vieira de Mello. "I remember when de Mello got killed as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life. I was playing golf - I think in central Texas - and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, 'It's just not worth it any more'."

According to a database held by CBS News the statement is not entirely accurate. He did cut short a round of golf at the 12th hole on that day, but his last recorded game came two months later, October 13.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Every time you throw a fact into the vortex that is bigtaxxx, Little Baby Jesus sheds a tear. :(

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Uhhh this is idiotic logic.
    Just because the US can't control it doesn't mean it doesn't impact the US.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Oh darn! I was hoping that Texxx would bold some words and make a thread again. I love how he can bold text. It's so cool.

What a joke. Go play golf or something and leave Clutchfans already.

ramotadab likes this.
  5. RedRedemption

Its funny how people here believe Obama should literally stay in his presidential office day and night 24/7.
    Presidents aren't human. They don't need leisure, food, water, or sleep! :rolleyes:

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Even funnier, the right wingers jump on a new talking point... and when the facts come out, they simply embarrass themselves further.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The real question is -- who would win a round of golf Bush or Obama?

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why do you people feed this troll?

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Over past 6 months: Obama has attended 100+ fundraisers

over the same period he has attended ZERO job council meetings.

nuff said

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

GWB spent 40% of his time on vacation.

Do you have a real point, other than the one on top of your head?

The only real "clowns" around here are you and your other mad-dog Repug friends who think out your ***.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. In typical Texx fashion, he failed to reply to this post. What a hypocrite.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe if we could prove that he not only gets paid by the GOP per thread created but based on eventual thread length, they would stop.

But I think they enjoy replying and skunking him over and over again. It's like pulling up the easiest game on your phone while you're waiting for your lunch order -- something mindless to pass the time.

1 person likes this.
  13. edwardc

edwardc Member

Man you said it these guy complain about eveything he does where was all this hate when GW was in office.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find it entertaining, sometimes, that the same people who criticize Obama for not doing enough about the economy also criticize him for intervening in the economy.

15. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Mr. President Obama will be your leader for a second term.

Chew upon that, brah.

Then suck it.

16. RedRedemption

Because they are Republicans.
    The GOP isn't concerned about what's best for America, they are concerned about what is best for their party.

17. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

[​IMG]

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I was always told that golf was good for business.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Is there a pool on when Trump his 100th round of golf. At the rate he is playing he probably hits in in a few months. But given the lack of commentary from bigtexx and other Obama critics I guess golf is now an acceptable demonstration of work ethic...

Trump's aides don't want to admit the President is golfing

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/20/politics/donald-trump-golfing-presidency/index.html

Rashmon and Yung-T like this.
  20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

His Florida vacations in a month have already cost nearly as much as Obama vacations in a year.

Yung-T likes this.