1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama bugged Trump Tower before election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think many would care about the distinction between physical wiretapping and other forms of surveillance where communications were monitored. Like I said, "wiretapping" is often colloquially used to mean monitoring communications, and this pretty much confirms that they were monitoring his communications meaning that the tweet the president sent was a lot closer to true than many people thought.

We'll see where this goes from here.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I know he's beloved by Democrats, they see him as a deity of sorts.....I don't really consider their opinion on the subject to be valid. The guy came into office with no executive experience whatsoever and it showed.

3. Cranberry_Juice

Its obvious Nunez got baited with this one. Now dems have ammo to prove he is not impartial.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Obama's not even worse than W. Bush. Trump is worse than either of them.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I don't doubt you think that.

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Proof or it never happened.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a dumbf**k. Everyone of Trump's surrogates...I'm sure they're uneasy with how stupid they have to come off as but hopefully this entire group of thugs gets canned.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

FBI is MSM bs?

No dude. As the intel chair of an investigation, you don't tell the very people you are investigating your info. Jesus, you people are blind as sheep.

Even if you believe Nunes, he didn't said anything about possibly Obama wiretapping. That's a straight lie.

9. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Things pulled out of Bobby's great and ponderous ass ... need ... not ... proof. Silly Democrat.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The natural conclusion is that surveillance was associated ISIS. Trump has been filming their recruiting films for years.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

mindblown the f out...

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is no one going to comment on the fact that Nunes contradicted himself multiple times? He said that trump himself was captured in this incidental monitoring, but when asked by reporters if trump was captured he said he didn't know because he hadn't seen it. He would then repeat his earlier statement in the next press gathering and again said he didn't know when asked directly by a reporter whether trump was personally intercepted.

Did Nunes just create a publicity stunt out of nothing to help trump?

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

You should read the above letter(above your post)...Its damning and essentially was timed accordingly...to make sure that members of the intelligence community actually did their jobs during the hearings.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This was an obvious effort to throw shade on Trump and his people. And it wasn't the first time for Nunes...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.4c3fc2bb8d41

And in doing so, Nunes not only embarrassed himslef and anyone that believes an independent investigation is needed, but hopefully backfired by making Trump loook even worse:
    Devin Nunes tries to rescue Trump — and may have made the deepening scandal worse
    http://www.salon.com/2017/03/23/dev...nd-may-have-made-the-deepening-scandal-worse/

And of course, Trump and the republicans hamfistedly attempt to turn this into a money-generating opportunity:

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Two days ago -- Comey: 'no information' to back Trump's claim Obama wiretapped him. “We do not have any information that supports those tweets,” Comey said.

FBI is MSM bs?

Nunes didn't say anything to contradict Comey statement. Trump lied.

16. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yes. It was pure political.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

LOL. Trump's devotee will buy it just like they bought his promises before the election.

I think the statement, fool me once, shame on me... fool me twice have no meaning left. Please fool me over and over. Feeling great here. So much love to our great leader.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

1. People want proof of Trump's wire tap claim.
    2. Department of Justice sends evidence to congress.
    3. Congress investigates.
    4. Congress concludes.
    5. Congress then informs the president, in a very polite manner: your claims do not hold water.

And of course, as usual:

6. People are upset some guy did their job (i.e. Comey, etc).

You can now add Nunes to the list of people who have been smeared for merely doing their job. What is with left-of-center and wanting to throw people under the bus for doing their job?

#578 Cohete Rojo, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Nunes hasn't been smear. He smeared himself with his political stunt.

Of course, you ignored the simple fact that he said NOTHING that contradict Comey statement. Trump is the liar he is.

20. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Of course people are going to be upset, illogically, that Nunes did not berate or lambaste Trump over the wiretap accusations, and instead chose a far more amiable approach in dealing with the Republican President (Nunes is a Republican, too). Also, this opportunity was given to Nunes on a silver platter by the countless calls, from his colleagues and the people, for evidence.

Nunes was clever with how he handled the wiretap claim.