1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Oasis Breaks Up?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BMoney, Aug 29, 2009.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Not for the first time....

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...noel-gallagher-quits-oasis-with-great-relief/
    Oasis canceled an appearance at a French music festival Friday night after a fight between the Brothers Gallagher, and it seems that guitarist Noel Gallagher has quit the band he helped form in 1991 — again. Before the band’s scheduled set time, one of the festival’s organizers announced to the crowd that Liam and his sibling had “had a fight backstage,” and, according to reports, that “the group no longer exists. They will not play tonight and they are canceling the rest of their European tour.”

The BBC is reporting the split as official on their Website, and that it was Noel who indeed left. In a statement posted to the band’s MySpace page, Noel says he could no longer work with his brother.

“It’s with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight,” the statement reads. “People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer. Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz, and Milan,” he added, referring to the remaining stops on the band’s trek.

According to reports, the crowd at first took the stage announcement as a joke, until screens at both sides of the stage showed the message “As a result of an altercation within the band, the Oasis gig has been canceled.”

Ironically, Noel walked out of an Oasis gig in Paris nine years ago, temporarily derailing a world tour in 2000. Last year, before the band launched a tour with Ryan Adams, Noel Gallagher told RS, “I am ****ing brilliant every night I go out there.”

2. Empire_Express

Big fan of their music, but isn't this like the 24523452th time Noel's "quit"?

If it is actually true, Noel can finally go solo now. I have always preferred him over Liam.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Great news if it holds up. I love Oasis but Liam's voice isn't what it used to be and Noel still sounds fantastic. A Noel solo album with all Noel songs will be 10 times better than another Oasis album.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Does Noel sing at all?

Not overly Familiar with them.

Rocket River

5. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I saw them in 2005 at MSG and they were awesome. However, you could tell they didnt communicate on stage.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Well the band couldn't live forever...

7. opticon

opticon Member

Dont look Bank in Anger , is a Oasis song with Noel doing the Vocals. There are probably others but Whats the story Morning Glory was the last Oasis album that I actually cared about.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There Brothers so what is the story?
    Why cannot they get along?

Rocket River

9. Empire_Express

Both of The Gallaghers are very opinionated, it's just Liam doesn't have any sort of boundary when he's saying what's on his mind. He'd get into fights with Noel over stupid issues, and end up going way too personal. They have a very strained relationship, and in many interviews Noel claims he never speaks to Liam if he doesn't have to.

Without Noel Oasis are nothing, he was the heart and soul of the band. If you wanna check out more of Noel singing, I suggest you look up "Half the World Away" and "The Masterplan".

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Noel sings probably around 20% of the songs. He writes about 98% of them.

Liam is still good on the albums and some of the rockers really do well for his vocal style, but Noel is much better on the acoustic stuff/ballads.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    <br>
    They'll be back after a bit...

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I also think Liam's still f**ked up on drugs, so I doubt that helps things

would prefer to hear a Noel solo album personally