1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Trash sells

The richest celebrities and people who are seen as role models to young women (they are often key note speakers at seminars) are the kardashians, who prey on the insecurities of young women needing them to take fat loss pills, inject lip fillers, waist fat, new noses to feel beautiful and accepted by society. That's the real part - they don't appeal to the intelligent, confident or naturally beautiful few. It's a drawback of democracy.

2. Nook

Nook Member

The words "bubble" and "echo chamber" get thrown around a lot in modern politics, usually by those of the political persuasion to describe the more left portion of the democratic party. In truth, there are times that the description of the extreme left is valid.

However, I have to wonder just how ungodly delusional someone has to be to really argue or believe that Trump either orchestrated the release of this op-ed or gave it his "blessing". That is about as divorced from reality as possible.

TheFreak, da_juice, foh and 2 others like this.
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

But Trump pulled his Jedi mind tricks on a populace that just gobbled it up. It's still a nightmare.

Trump ran into the boss/producer of CNN sometime during the election cycle, some men's room (at CNN? some other function?). The same guy who produced "Celebrity Apprentice". He asked Trump, "Do you think this would be possible if not for Celebrity Apprentice?"

Nope.

Welcome to the Deep State. :rolleyes: People will believe anything.

I have relatives in Iowa who are still convinced Obama was born in Africa. Probably with a bone in his nose and a plate in his lower lip, each surgically removed. People will believe anything.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Washington's dirty secrets are being exposed and it's great! The only negative is folks acting like this is unprecedented. The reality is that Washington and the dominant political parties have been like this for a while now.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wait...

He thinks a whistle blower in the Watergate scandal was the bad guy?

joshuaao, mdrowe00, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I am part of the Resistance within the Ulysses Klaue organization

Ulysses Klaue is facing a test to his gang unlike any faced by a modern Marvel Comic Universe supervillain

It’s not just that Agent Ross' CIA Task Force looms large. Or that the gang is bitterly divided over Mr. Klaue’s leadership. Or even that his gang might well be apprehended by Black Panther and brought back to Wakanda at any moment

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior criminals in his own gang are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

- Anonymous Criminal

[​IMG]

#106 SamFisher, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Wow, you summarized Trump so accurately and succinctly.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I have an Uncle who is up there in age that believes that about Obama. He thinks he's a secret Muslim spy who has been groomed since birth to pretend to be an American Christian so he could eventually become President of USA to destroy us all. Obama's attempted invasion of Livingston, Texas was the smoking gun for him.

da_juice and MadMax like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

When you take the highest gamble, gambling your own morality for this, you can't just let go so easily. It's going to take some time to unwind.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This anonymous op-ed suspiciously taking all the energy from the Supreme court hearings... I know these hearings is just theater, and Republicans have the votes, but the hearings should be the main headline.. Mainstream media is so thirsty for gossip and not what really matters.

The news barely talks about the guy that is going to be the swing vote for decades.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

pgabriel likes this.
  12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

he certainly has tremendous self-regard, but I don't think he fancies himself holier than thou

13. foh

foh Member

I first saw of it on Drudge. NBC didn't even run a story about it until trump responded. (And has been covering SCOTUS front and center).

The conservative media is the one concentrating on this it seems.

Media is still a business and will concentrate on stuff that sells.

Maybe on tweeter...

Pod save america suggests that people think SCOTUS selection is taken to be a foregone conclusion.

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... must be telling that rick perry is one of trump's best cabinet members...

B-Bob likes this.
  15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

This is a sanctioned hit-piece by the Republican Party establishment.

Trump has served his purpose -- massive tax cuts, huge defense spending, 2 conservative Supreme Court nominees -- a Republican wet dream. Now, it's time to distance themselves from Trump who is likely facing criminal charges in the Mueller investigation.

No, there won't be an Impeachment or 25th Amendment crisis.

Republicans will simply lose the midterm and go back to preaching "fiscal responsibility" and blame Democrats for the massive deficits racked up under Trump. That's how they operate.

This is all a ruse.

16. NewRoxFan

Wow... it has gotten to this...

17. NewRoxFan

btw, Eisen was Special Counsel for Ethics and Government Reform in the Obama administration...

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

R-r-r-rolling back the 1% tax cuts will TANK THE ECONOMY!!

Tax and spend libtards know nothing about econominics!

ghettocheeze likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember: There’s No Official in Washington Who’s Not ‘Senior’
    By RICH LOWRY
    September 6, 2018 12:34 PM

In all my time writing about politics, I’ve never come across anyone in an administration or Capitol Hill who, if quoted anonymously, doesn’t request to be identified as a “senior” official. Indeed, this op-ed writer could be almost anyone, including someone who’s No. 3 or No. 4 at a cabinet agency. That’s why, even though this is a coup for the New York Times, it still could backfire if the senior official, when he or she is identified, doesn’t strike most people as very senior. One key reference in the op-ed is to a conversation with a “top official,” not “another top official” or a “colleague,” which seems to strongly suggests that the author isn’t himself a cabinet official. (If it’s Jon Huntsman, by the way, as Jim Geraghty guesses, it would be someone who is indeed senior but not anywhere near the inner circle.)

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/washington-dc-officials-all-senior-new-york-times-op-ed/

20. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you think we have ever had a president or presidency as disfunctional as this you need to reevaluate your paradigm.