1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Embiid and the Sixers taking on Brunson and the Knicks -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[NY TIMES] I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 5, 2018.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Attention everybody..

THIS IS ALL VERY NORMAL... the real story is a newspaper feud I am inventing for you to read about.

THIS IS NORMAL - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT

finalsbound likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

early analysis of the writing leads to four leading candidates for the author of the NY Times anonymous letter:

https://www.weeklystandard.com/mich...he-resistance-inside-the-trump-administration

3. Papa John

Papa John Member

dang this presidency is really starting to get good!
    stormy daniels, michael cohen and a cyprus bank feel about as recent as gary hart & donna rice. Geez. No snoozing o it might pass you by.

honestly I cant keep up. Its too much to follow. We need a tracker of some kind ...some sort of spreadsheet.

The story goes back to the same with trump. everyone says all the same things then 2 seconds later act shocked at the shenanigans.

Trump is so deep and into it and the walls are closing all around this is shaping to be one of the most epic fails ever. I dont see the guy making it to be honest. Hes going to have a true meltdown, a heart attack or blow a gasket the dude is having the worst time ever. He has not enjoyed this at all and everything is illegitimate. It will alll end in a fiery bag of poo. I hope the country doesnt suffer when that happens and kinda feel bad in a strange way

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I totally agree with them though. This wreaks of the NYT getting used for a stunt.

The more I read into this the more obvious it is to me that this is simply a GOP lifer clean up job or this is actually more sinister ... a coup detat. Probably the first one.

This GOP lifer is setting up a scenario to say months later that there were people there doing the Lords good work, and if you give us one more shot you’ll see we will deliver all the good things about Trumpism (stated like a GOP tv ad in the final section of the op ed), without the maniac getting us into WW3.

This op ed stinks and the NYT is getting used here. Instead they should have written an article stating “Trump senior officials are trying to get us to let them write articles to prepare for post Trump clean up”. That is true journalism.

JeffB and Os Trigonum like this.
  5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Or could the exact opposite be true? I don't know up from down anymore.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Exactly. The fact that he is unfit to serve has been plain to see for anyone willing to lose the blinders.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I don't agree with the idea of these guys doing this privately but not stepping up and saying something publicly and putting their name to it. The only reason I can think of for them doing this that isn't totally selfish is that they feel if they were to resign/say something publicly and get fired, or whatever then Trump would put in more Miller types who won't stop him.

JeffB likes this.
  9. adoo

adoo Member

on the other end of the spectrum, the liberal-leaning CNN has identified 13 possible candidates:

Don McGahn, Dan Coats, Kellyanne Conway, John Kelly,
    Kirstjen Nielsen,
    Jeff Sessions, Nikki Haley, James Mattis,
    Fiona Hill, Mike Pence, Javanka / Melania Trump

interesting to note that Dan Coats is the only one that appears on both list; he has also been a close friend of Mike Pence since their Indiana days

in view of the above, one can infer that Dan Coats is the one

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

inb4 we find out that it was the white house janitor.

but in all seriousness, this is incredibly dangerous. this coward is undermining our democracy. this gutless clown should come forward and resign immediately and stop collecting government checks.

#50 RocketsLegend, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  11. Fantasma Negro

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Reading all these comments and seeing how liberals still haven't got over their loss. Trump is president and you will never remove him!

BruceAndre likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No. You have no idea what treason is by definition. A Coup detat... maybe if that’s the reason.

But that’s probably not it either. It’s most likely politics. A way to salvage the reputation of the GOP post Trump. A clean up job. A way to tell America “We can be Trumpism without Trump”... If it’s truly a Coup, that is pretty sinister, but I doubt we are there. Mike Pence would be the primary culprit here and I doubt he’s got the balls.

Treason.... pfft. Shows the ignorance of anyone even suggesting that. The United States as a country wouid need to be declaring war against the New York Times, and then this op ed poster would need to be providing something that helped the NYT advance their war against the United States.

#53 dobro1229, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Treason is the assistance of a enemy we declared war with.

15. adoo

adoo Member

No, treason is when US citizens teaming w a foreign Gov’t against the best interest of the US,

such as Trump and his campaign teaming up w Putin to influence the 2016 election​

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Ba da da dat da, I'm loving it!

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This has nothing to do with trump. Repubs and Dems both should be deeply troubled that a large contingent in the cabinet is working to undermine a sitting president. It’s Kiefer Sutherland 24-level ****. No one should revel in this. America is losing

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

No. Trump still being the president while clearly being insane and mentally unfit for the power that he holds is whats dangerous.

These people work for Trump and support his policies, and even they came to the conclusion that he is insane and needs to be stopped. This should tell you that you are wrong about him and have always been wrong to support him.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

More like one person looking for attention. Probably saw how everyone is getting book deals and he wants in.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whoever it is SWORE an oath to the constitution they are duty bound to remove Trump with the 25 amendment.

DD