1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post]QRich: McGrady fades if you get physical on him

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Van Gundier, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Van Gundier

Van Gundier Member

What do you think?

2. imsleepwaIkin

imsleepwaIkin Contributing Member

I think he gets pissed off and plays harder.

3. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Well I personally would like to send my thanks out to Quentin Richardson. Because Tracy is the kind of guy that gets zeroed in and ultra-focused when he gets challenged. Like when Milwaukee tried going at him with Ruben Patterson. That was a dumb idea. It just got Tracy fired up the rest of the game.

I suspect that T-mac will go crazy tonight with it being an ESPN game, and after hearing this quote. Don't know how long it'll last, because he's been so up and down, but I'm confident that he's going to be up tonight.

5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

If tracy cant getup for the game against the world champs on there floor infront of millons of viewers, then something is wrong. richardson is a insignificent scrub compare to tracy. those comments will only be met by laughter from tracy...

6. cmellon

cmellon Member

They had some verbal exchange in the last game. Richardson is just trying to bluff.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I totally agree !!!

IF he gets pissed off....

I think that is what happened the game before.

Tmac needs to be challenged more....but Q-Rich basically OWNED him......however, I think Q-Rich should have waited until AFTER the rematch....Tmac will be ready in 8 days...

DD

8. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Can't wait for the next Knicks game. Mark the date folks.

9. chaosad

chaosad Contributing Member

what an ass!! get physical :rolleyes: that's old news...
    nov. 20 @ NY... q rich will get his ass served by TMAC :mad:

10. Shaji

Shaji Contributing Member

well said.

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I am not agreeing with Richardson... I have said while at both games that McGrady is fading when he shoots. It is really really noticable when at the games. He fades away from the basket, therefore making his shot short. Hopefully, he can pick this up and start going straight up when he shoots.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

So much azz being served -- what about tender loin -- or is that reserved for Bonzi? :D

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

THANK YOU QRICH.

hopefully Tmac will fade his ass in the rematch.

14. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

I was at the game and it was clear that Q was jabbering with Tracy constantly. He was really physical and played Tracy well.....about as good as I've seen him play. It did seem as if Tracy just faded away, but I will look at it through a different shade of glasses. I will see it as Tracy maturing and not trying to prove he's great....Tracy kept with the game plan of feeding Yao and his teammates, maybe in a couple of days he can give Q the business and shut him up.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tmac does fade....Jordan would NEVER fade, he would bust Q-Rich's ass.....

That is the issue with Tmac....we need KILLERS to win it all.....

DD

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'm surprised at QRich going public with that. He's just setting himself up for a torching at some point. It's all psychological. He got verbal with McGrady. It was all designed to hopefully get McGrady to start jacking up bad shots instead of working the ball to Yao where they were dead in the water. Typical head games. McGrady just kept playing the right way.

There is no question in my mind that McGrady can go off at anytime for 35 against anybody. But we're looking for Ws and he is drawing a lot of defense away from Yao. It's working.

On a side note, I'd sure like to have QRich on our team. That guys balls it up on both ends now.

17. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

Unfortunately for Q and the Knicks, McGrady is far more mature than Q could ever hope to be. The old McGrady would have forced the issue in that situation. Instead T-Mac deferred the scoring responsibility to Yao and focused on making his teammates better -- racking up 8 assists on the night and helping Yao to a monster performance.

Knicks lose. Rockets basketball wins.

18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Richardson has a good game against him while he is slumping, and suddenly proclaims him soft? Richardson is a jacka**.

19. Omer

Omer Member

What are the chances of T-Mac hearing/having heard about this statement?

I hope he finds out, because he will go off tonight and then the next time we play the Knicks.

20. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

#20 Texas Stoke, Nov 12, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2006