1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Post]: Multiple arrested after fight inside Berkeley’s ‘empathy tent’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Sep 28, 2017.

1. TheresTheDagger

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My post was in response to a particular misleading comment that was categorizing one side as being only students and the other side as outside agitators. Both groups had outside agitators.

If you want me to comment on the rest I've stated before I don't agree with Antifa's use of violence that said Joey Gibson and his group are clearly there to agitate.. Both groups should have the right to protests peacefully but neither of them seem willing to do so. I don't support either and I don't think they are representative of Cal.

Now do you have any comments regarding that one speakers for Patriot Prayer had been arrested before for violence at protests and has a history of weapons related charges? Do you agree with Patriot Prayer that there is a war on whites?

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Thanks for clarifying and NO there are no REAL race wars in this country. The apparent race wars are created by the powers to hide the real war which is class based. Now don't get me wrong, I'm no marxists but imo executive pay, political lobbying, usa medical costs, PACs and Super PACs, Corporate Bailouts, Regressive Taxes like Sales Tax, Tollroads, Public Transport, etc.. are all weapons of mass destruction against the lower classes. that's the real war friend and pretend race wars are just that. i just hope people open their eyes sooner rather than later.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Someone being arrested in the past is kind of irrelevant to a situation where that person does nothing violent, wouldn't you agree?

When you say "neither (group) seems willing to do so (protest peacefully)" when talking about an event where one group was entirely peaceful and the other wasn't....I mean, it comes off pretty biased.

There have been incidents in the past that have been different, but in this incident, it was the Joey Gibson/Kyle Chapman group demonstrating peacefully while the BAMN idiots lost their minds.

5. Buck Turgidson

I've said it before an I'm still wondering: why is Berkeley the gauge of things? They've always been crazy there, they're still crazy there, so let me know when people go nuts in Indianapolis.

6. omgTHEpotential

3-4 arrests? :eek: Why isn't she fired? Is it because she's a minority?

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's because she's the leader of an extremist group that those who run the Berkeley schools agree with. I mean, that's the only thing I can think of. There's no way someone with multiple assault arrests and arrests for inciting riots and resisting arrest would remain employed by local school districts in the Houston area.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

9. conquistador#11

a lot of people go to college for seven years! :cue black sheep scene:

10. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmm, yet another thread about something that matters very little to most people and even less to people on the Houston Rockets Basketball team website.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That could be posted in just about any thread in the D&D. Most people care very little about about anything discussed here.....but I'm not sure why that is supposed to matter.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It matters to me because I find it interesting that certain media outlets focus a huge amount of time on anything related to Berkley. It's hilarious when it's portrayed as something of nation-wide concern.

Yet, it has punched all the right buttons to get some people to adopt the roles to fit into the story. Some folks jump into the role of supporters of these protestors not because they truly support them, but because the media has told them that the people on that side are fighting for issues close to what they have a vague consciousness of being something they see as worthwhile.

Others have gotten themselves all riled up about the protests and angry because the media outlets portrayed it as something about which is an affront to everything they've ever held dear, and their way of life which has always been good enough for this country is now being threatened, trashed, and made to look villainous.

I would never have thought something like that would really work, but to some minor extent, it has been successful.

13. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Damn, that's some hardcore nerd rage.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I feel sorry for the engineering students there.

Buck Turgidson likes this.