1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Numerical evidence TMac hurts the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by northeastfan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Longest sentence ever. So many commas :eek:

We've talked about this :p

2. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Charles Barkley contributed more then T-mac could ever dreamed but that doesn't mean I want his fat @ss back on the Rockets. Who cares what the contributions were, we live in the now get out of the past.

3. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

T-mac = Gran Hill

He's past his prime, trust me I didn't want to admit it when I saw The Dream, Clyde, and Barkley get old and rusty. T-mac has passed his peak and now he's coming down the other side. Just remember the light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long.

4. onreego

onreego Member

You sure do like to kick a person when their down. While I like that this time you brought statistics into your argument, I find it to be a true act of belittlement. And though most have been disappointed with Tracy's performance in the beginning of the season, he played well his last game and was looking more like his old self. Is that not the "#1" of last year that you speak of? I mean you credit that lost to Tmac but refuse to acknowledge that the team as a whole did horrible.

The last time I posted calling you out and I might have wrongfully apologized for it. The statistic of you turning every thread, whether Tracy related or not, into your own personal TMac hate fest is probably more ridiculous than Tracys poor performance on one leg. Congrats on doing research, but if you ignore the fact that the man just wasnt at full strength and kick him while hes down you should try supporting another team. Dont get me wrong, I am not a Tmac apologists, I love this team and I support these players through the hard times( and its been difficult to watch at times) and definitely the best times. And I acknowledge the fact that the TEAM has struggled on defense which may lead to more losses. Rafer said himself that when you dont practice the drills it gets away from you. To whom do you credit that fault? Tracy? More than likely you do.

But honestly if Tracy plays the way he did in his game back and the rest of the team clicks, you're going to have to shove that big hateful foot in your mouth instead of using it to kick him when hes not strong enough to fight back.

Sorry for the rant guys..lol

5. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Damm Give Tmac a break..this one season when he plays bad ya'll hate on him so fkin hard..he came off shoulder and knee surgery and he rushed his return...give him some time...

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't give a rats patootie what he did previously....he is getting $21 million to perform THIS year.

Let's review.

1. He had minor surgery
    2. He failed to rehab
    3. He came into camp out of shape
    4. The magic rehab fairy did not visit him as he skipped training camp.
    5. He struggled
    6. He shut it down to get in shape despite doctors orders
    7. He came back - no more excuses, right?
    8 He quit on his teamates and didn't try in several other games
    9. He pissed off the team with his antics
    10. He took a 2 week break to get in shape - FINALLY but in January
    11. He came back and promised to work hard - THIS time.
    12. He has played better, but his defense still sucks balls
    13. TBD - whether he is committed to team ball

Look, I think the guy is a major talent, but unless he is focused and ready to play the TEAM game, he is not helping.

The team has been better with Wafer starting this year in his place, and it is not even close.

DD

7. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

You're a moron. You like to hear yourself talk. One out of every two posts in this thread is yours. You start a thread and then you stalk it like your life depends it.

I am not going to tell you how moronic your stats are. Anybody with second math grade level and/or commonsense can debunk your theory. Pick a hobby, your damn negativity is getting tired.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Rushed his return? It's taken him longer than most players to return from the minor surgeries he had. He's all but admitted he didn't work hard enough to return.

I don't care if people want to continue defending him, but let's not lie and say he "rushed his return." That's funny.

9. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

My contention was: TSlack's play was hurting the Rockets. This morning, I ran some numbers. That's belittlement? Wow ...

If he's down, let him sit. You've never heard me complain when he is sitting; in fact, I support it. In fact, if we wants to take the whole season off, so be it. I'd still support it.

10. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Looks like nobody here as a second grade level of mathematics ....

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

It's pretty obvious that this year Tmac has been a liability to the team. I dont' think stats are needed for that. It's all whether or not Tmac can get back to his old form. He looked better and better recently but he still has ways to go. I doubt anyone would think Tmac playing at the level he was playing last year, would hurt the team unless you really really don't like the guy.

12. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess u didn't crunch my numbers.

13. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Unfortunately, I don't have a database of NBA results. I'd love to get my hands on one, but I don't have one.

That means I have to manually look up results and type them in. That's a bit of a chore for 50 games, no?

Also, TSlack's most recent games are a better indicator of how he'll play than 40 games ago, no? He's been injured and re-injured so I'd more heavily weight the more recent games than the ones from longer ago anyway.

14. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Then debunk his theory, unless you haven't passed the second grade yourself then I could see how that might be a problem. I love how some of you guys try to call others on this board morons for actually putting up real numbers then you give no actual numbers yourself to prove it wrong. Its pretty easy to just post "You're a moron. You like to hear yourself talk." Then you don't add anything to the conversation, either you're a kid or you have a low IQ but when you post like that it makes you look more rediculous then a well thought out theory.

Northeastfan went to the trouble to actually give some evidence as to why this team has been struggling and then he gets bashed for it. I know everyone is frustrated with the Rockets to some extent but why attack this guy just for giving his opinion and actual numerical facts? I don't recall him attacking any of you with his initial post. If you have a man crush on T-mac well I feel sorry for you, because there are much better players to idolize other then Tracy.

15. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Fixed. Fans can criticize, but your sig goes beyond being a fan. You are a douchebag hater to the core.

You have 1 good post out of 3200+. Now *that* is a small sample!

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Sticks and stones still don't alter the stats ... TSlack has hurt and likely will continue to hurt the team.

I like the names I given our players ... they're appropriate after reading all the banter about the players on this forum.

17. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

Some can't handle the truth. It could be right in front of their face they could smell it and touch it, but they just can't believe it. Give them stats, give them videos but their hearts tell them "No', It can't be!, Its not real". Who trust stats?

He's hurt, he will be better, he's just not ready. When the playoffs get here he'll turn it on, I promise. He makes this team better, he's tough, he has heart. He's a leader, a scoring champ really he is. He did in Orlando, He did in Toronto, just watch and see.

Maybe it's thier pride, maybe it's thier inability to just believe that they have been fooled for so long. They just won't relize until, it's time has passed.

Sorry guys but stats don't lie, you can twist them to get a certian result though. I genreally just try to beleive my eyes and they tell me that if Rocket fans are pinning their hopes on Mcgrady there going to be waiting a aweful long time.

Nice stats though Northeastfan, you can be my friend we seem closer than we are apart.

IMO it should be Tracy "Fools Gold" Mcgrady. He's not the type of guy we like down here in Houston. You can't get anything for him and you can't get anything out of him. At this point I don't believe Rockets will start to heal until Tracy and all his karma is behind us. Then we can heal.

18. bigthree08

bigthree08 Member

actually, i just wanna point out that no matter how much you hate Tmac,
    your boy Yao still needs him healthy in the playoff to have any chance to advance..

19. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

Tmac only fans has to accept the fact that he is digressing further with age.

Tracy as a player depends on his athletism and when this part of his attribute is in decline, his game will also suffer. He has to deal with it and work on other aspect of his game.

20. manhore

manhore Member

The people that doesn't believe in stats aren't really gonna go far in their real life. What do you think will determine your career in most cases? Unless you work for a company that enables promotions based on just kissin' a$$, then I suggest you believe in stats just a little more. Just a little bit of career advice.