1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NPR] Mike D’antoni on “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Patience, Jan 12, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun let it fool you.

He can be very stubborn with his 7 - 8 man rotations. Yes, he is humorous. Found a gem podcast there.

#21 daywalker02, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    kjayp likes this.
  2. THEGLIDEc

THEGLIDEc Member

This is one of his strengths - likability. It's not just the playing style that the players enjoy, it's just that he's likable that players like playing for him

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Fetal position, eh?

4. YallMean

YallMean Member

Dan Quayle ... NPR really needs to think about how to put out contents catered for 50 under population group.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Mike D'Antoni is 67, though I always forget that he's that old.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That was the one part of the interview that didn't seem to amuse him very much. :D

After they explain the game, he's like. "... oh. kay."

I loved that whole piece but I can't figure out why NPR reached out to him or why he agreed to do it. But it was pretty funny.

Patience likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I cannot imagine how many times his elementary and middle school classmates made “Mike Dan Tony” jokes.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Shame.....the Rockets gave him a stage in which to look good. Too bad they couldn’t meet somewhere in the middle.

Onward ahead, we can’t dwell on those we lost....just the ones that remain.