1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now what are Morey's FINAL summer moves?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Aug 13, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He didn't play in the summer league, because he was injured. He is steady and solid on defense, he can rebound, and he can finish around the basket. He also has a pretty good jump shot. PJ would be the ideal mentor for him.

D-rock and smoothie like this.
  2. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Because he paid good money to get advice from our own jopat who told him “he has his rights!” He never said what the rights were for. Apparently they were sort of like those “you have the right to remain so silent nobody ever hears from you again” kinda rights.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just an obvious ear....the goal is a move before the season, but it's not necessarily a do or die. Patience is tough.

FWIW, on my side of things, Bazemore isn't highly discussed. But, if Morey is looking for KB, he's hiding it very, very well. He needs to be calculated; Melo was expected.

D-rock, Fyreball, TMac'n and 25 others like this.
  4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Is this why Melton isn't signed yet? A move before the season?

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

thanks cod for this debbie downer post. going to go cry in a corner now :D

Invisible Fan, hakeem94 and Codman like this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

On the positive side, jail doesn't have buffet lines.

7. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Starters:
    Capela
    Tucker
    Melo
    Harden
    CP3

Bench:
    Gordon
    Green
    Ennis
    Nene
    MCW
    Rhyno
    Melton

F the Warriors...lets go take them out.

8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Should have got Dwight Howard to be back up Center for Capela

9. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, you're right. I think I just got excite cause of Johnson tbh. I feel like we need another PJ Tucker type player on this team and we can beat them, I really do. Well, let's see how this season goes first.

D-rock likes this.
  10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

To eat at as many buffets as he can.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

WORST! IDEA! EVER!

Haha! Didn't mean to sound so harsh. But yeah, bringing Dwight back?

WORST! IDEA! EVER!

whiskeyred, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

whiskeyred and JuNx like this.
  13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

satire
    Satire is a way of making fun of people by using silly or exaggerated language. Politicians are easy targets for satire, especially when they're acting self-righteous or hypocritical.

whiskeyred, Richie_Rich and hakeem94 like this.
  14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

lol. Got me.

In my own defense, I actually saw the "get Dwight back" suggestion from a few people between his Nets buyout and him signing with the Wizards, so I'm easily triggered. :D

16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

LOL. Howard had one of his best years, no way he wouldn’t take a chance at starting.

Hartenstein will be a great backup. Book it.

17. apatel123

apatel123 Member

To revive the pulse of one Ryan Anderson

topfive likes this.
  18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Thanks for the update!
    Since you said less exciting, I think these are some of the trades that could happen (most of them boring)

Ryan Anderson...
    to Charlotte (Marvin Williams + Jeremy Lamb) Oh the irony.... still would be a big win for Rox.... so probably not
    to Chicago (Omer Asik + Cristiano Felicio) IIRC Asik has a low buyout ($3M) next year so Bulls say no
    to Milwaukee (John Henson + Matthew Dellavedova) Bucks cut $500K from salaries + pick up stretch-4. Also reduce the # of contracts on their roster.
    to New York (Courtney Lee + Ron Baker) Oh the irony, part deux! Knicks reduce the # of contracts on their roster. Knicks do need a stretch 4 while Porzingis is on the mend. I think this ends up being (part of) the deal. And to think Knicks killed original Melo deal over Ryan.
    to Orlando (Terrence Ross + Jonathan Simmons) This would actually be beneficial to Rox... so not going to happen.
    to Phoenix (Tyson Chandler + Darrel Arthur) Not unless Ariza is championing this move. Suns pick up $20M in salaries next season rather than gaining $21M in cap space... so not going to happen.
    to Portland (Moe Harkless + Meyers Leonard) @Deuce has mentioned this one
    to Utah (Alec Burks + Thabo Sefolosha) Possibly, but Burks & Sefolosha would be good gets for Rox.... so not going to happen
    to Washington (Ian Mahinmi + Tomas Satoransky) Satoransky would be a steal as a backup PG / SG.... so not going to happen.

After picking up Baker, he gets moved (possibly in a 3 team deal) to
    Atlanta (Dewayne Dedmon) Dedmon is big man insurance and can hit the three
    Cleveland (Kyle Korver) His buyout # is attractive, but Baker's contract is lower and expiring
    Milwaukee (Matthew Dellavedova) Bucks attach a 2020 2nd to dump Dellavadova's contract
    Orlando (Jonathan Simmons) Houston attaches its own 2020 2nd to acquire one of Htown's finest. Jarrell Martin is interesting as well (that is from a boring perspective)
    Toronto (C.J. Miles) Raptors cut their LT bill.
    Memphis (JaMychal Green) @Codman 's ears says we are interested. Green can be our small ball center. Grizz also get out of luxury tax (LT).
    Portland (Moe Harkless) Blazers cut salary and save on LT. But a starter for Baker? Wishful thinking!
    Washington (Tomas Satoransky) Wizards trying to cut LT bill.

So trade realistically becomes Houston - New York - Memphis
    Houston: Courtney Lee (NYK) + JaMychal Green (MEM)
    New York: Ryan Anderson (HOU)
    Memphis: Ron Baker (NYK) + rights to Sergio Llull (HOU) + $3M cash (HOU)

It is a "blah" trade, but makes Houston better plus helps other teams in the process.

CP3 - EGo - Melt'em
    Beard - CLee - GG
    Menace - Friar Tuck - GCJr
    Melo - Green - Hart & Stein
    Capela - Nene - Qi

hakeem94 and Shark44 like this.
  19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i smell at least one more deal before the trade deadline. keep melton, trade anderson and a first for a 3 and d wing - call it a day. melton gives you that 3rd/4th string guard with major potential thats also cheap. trade anderson/first for someone thats actually useful. everybody else stays the same. improvement accomplished.

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

If you want to be accurate, Dwight's season last year ranked in the bottom half of his 14 seasons in nearly every significant statistical category. It would be more accurate to say he had one of his best seasons in the last 3 or 4 years.

That said, the reason we don't want to bring him back isn't because he wouldn't want to be a backup, it's because he's a locker room cancer and chemistry killer and is known as one of the least-liked players in the entire league. He's a dinosaur old-school center who has never shown any ability to improve or modify his game to fit the modern NBA, yet still thinks of himself as a star who should have an offense run through him.

Okay, that's about 10 reasons we don't want to bring him back. I got tired of listing them and stopped there.