1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now That July 4th is Over....Where do I go next year?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc sports, Jul 9, 2000.

1. dc sports

dc sports Member

There were six fireworks displays in Houston this fourth of July. One ballgame, with a few fireworks (and a finale by the wrong team!) The Power of Houston Festivals, and other Festivals and Parties. Beautiful beach and barbecue weather. Dozens of choices.

So I'm curious -- where did everyone go? What did you do? With all of the choices, why don't we help each other out in deciding what to do next year?!

------------------
    Stay Cool...

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

Just to start things off...

I went to a barbecue/pool party at a friends house on Saturday. He served an outstanding SLOW cooked briscut (over 9 hours) on a smoker, with two kinds of homemade sauce. I learned how to stoke the fires on one of those cookers -- using a hair dryer, to keep the @#$$%@ charcoal going.

He also introduced everyone to a drink from Chile (where he's from) called Piesco, made from grapes. I learned that a few shots will make you not care that the briscut isn't ready until 8:00pm. [​IMG]

July 4th I spent with my parents. I saw the Lake Jackson / Brazosport fireworks -- not great, but not bad. Great to spend some time with your family.

So what did you do?

------------------
    Stay Cool...

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I hung around with a bunch of my buddies and played ball, nothing different from other days.

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS

4. PhiSlammaJamma

Why weren't you in DC? In the mouring I was at the National Gallery of Art taking snap shots of the impressionists at Argentile. At night, I was at the Lincoln Memorial's base watching the fireworks light up the sky and wake up the Washington monument. Then I rode my bike home. Ah yes, that is the life! How Sweet it is!

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

To be honest, in a weird way, this may be the best 4th of July I've ever had.

I woke up in my girlfriend's apartment (to those who haven't read my whining over the last few months, my longtime girlfriend and I broke up). Nothing happened, but it was really nice to see her lying next to me when I opened my eyes.

Then when I left early that morning, she was planning to come up to Austin to eat with her sister and then do some shopping for her new room in her apartment. I non-chalantly said, "call me if you want after you eat."

And she did!!!! We hung out a little that afternoon, but that meant she WANTED to call me!!!!

It's looking good guys! Patience is a virtue!

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com