1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now is not the time to panic. Our team is heading in a great direction.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Nov 13, 2012.

1. s3ts

s3ts Member

Wholeheartedly agreed.

It's pretty clear that the number of so-called "fans" have gone up drastically since the Lin signing (and with Harden's signing). They don't know jack about basketball, and obviously overreact.

I say overreact, as in, yes it was terrible that Lin airballed a three at a crucial moment, wide-open -- no excuse. But this dude was never CP3 to begin with. He was UNDRAFTED. At NYK are now undefeated -- why? because they actually have really good players, even if you don't count Lin. We don't have anyone nearly as good as Chandler or Stoudemire that can efficiently run the pnr. So please, Lin fans, have realistic expectations -- however hard that may be -- because you are driving true basketball fans mad.

2. dragonz

dragonz Member

well, I wasn't writing off the coaching staff, I think what I want to say is Linsanity only happens in the D'Antoni system (totally my personally opinion).

3. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I really like the in game adjustments Coach Sampson has been making. He isn't afraid to change his rotation (go with hot hand). While still giving minutes to Terrence Jones. Now as for J.Lin the kid has a skill set he can get to the rim and pass these skills have great value. His shooting needs work for consistency that can come with work ( C.Hayes couldn't make a lay up look at him now) Lin isn't a finish product but that's ok this team is not built to win a championship today. Another move needs to be made a low post scorer is a must, someone to pull away teams ability to double our guards or at least make them pay for doubling.

4. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

What I find wierd is Mchale basically runs a point guard oriented offense which is why both Lowry and Dragic had been having fantastic seasons. I really think the coaching staff need to go back to that and stop the hero ball.

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

Hmm I don't know hard to say. Lowry & Dragic put up nice numbers in McHales system to right. Like I said the personnel just isn't there right now & the offense is still being implemented. I hear your point though. I guess I am just going to wait until the offense gets better before I make a decision. But Dantoni does know his PNR.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Very nice and understanding post! I know what truth sounds like. I'm happy about our direction too! Thanks for starting this thread.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lowry and Dragic are fast and quick Lin really isn't. Lowry and Dragic's hustle, toughness and ball security is on a whole different level then Lin's. Lowry and Dragic are natural Point guards and Lin isn't. Lin needs a different system to cater to his strengths... He will struggle he is suppose to. We gotta realize who Lin really is as a basketball player in the nba.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

I don't mind bandwagon ROCKETS fans, just fans who seem to look at things from the POV of a player and not the team. I think Yao fans were better because Yao kind of grew with the Rockets, and fans kind of grew into Rockets fans. It just had a different feel to it from what I remember.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

IT IS TIME TO PANIC!!!!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!! WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE DONT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR?????

10. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

1.) Close defeat against the defending champions.
    2.) 7 games onto the season.
    3.) A completely revamped team with lots of new faces.

And yet - "All is lost, trade Lin, trade Harden, do not insult my based god or i will insult yours."

Oh wait, this is the GARM after all.

[​IMG]

11. rocketsmetalspd

It will take some time which is all that is missing from this team getting better. I can't wait till the team gels and gets a good winning streak going. Staying close to .500 will be key till Mid December before I believe the team will get on a serious roll.

12. Sanity2disChaos

We Are fine....we just took the best team in the East down to the wire!!You cant be mad at that....

13. Luca

Luca Member

Even if we land d'antoni, we still don't have a good big man to play p&r like the young Amare. As much as i like omer he is not an offensive threat. Lin & harden don't have anyone like Amare or even Tyson Chandler this year to be efficient like he was last year. Like someone mentioned on this blogg, the roxx can't set a proper pick, and no roll whatsoever.

14. REDNINJA

REDNINJA Member

Why is every one freaking out? Sampson has these guys playing well. This isn't the NFL, its an 82 game season guys. Relax, if there was ever a such thing as an encouraging loss this was it. Harden needs to just mirror the was D. Wade plays...

15. duteman

duteman Member

not going to lie i'm disappointed in the loss to miami when we played great up until the end. There is good that came of it is our bipolar fans will not have crazy high expectations after a win over miami.

This team will be good this year. PG play has been good IMO, but PG shooting has been terrible. Given time and i'm sure he's guaranteed to get it he'll get his shot back and his killer instincts...look at lowry.

I hope harden settles down and goes back to the efficient player he's made himself over the last 3 years. If he does that we'll be the beast backcourt everyone will fear.

SF-C i really enjoyed their play today both offensively and defensively...well besides the last minute protection of the paint. I think it was coaches mistake in not having Omer in.

Surprisingly TD came out and gave quality minutes. I'm on board to enjoy watching this team grow and still feel they'll make the playoffs.

16. duteman

duteman Member

Ball security is the only one i agree with you on, and unfortunately its probably the more important one at this point.

Lin at the moment is a facilitator and a good one IMO. His shot is way off at the moment which is taking away from his ability to create space and make his move. Is it me or does he seem like he's slower than last year?

Once he gets his shot back his game will shine and he'll earn his keep. Could it be that the coaches aren't giving him the green light for the elbow jumpers?

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

No reason for anger or despair. We haven't even come close to maxing out the potential of this current group or our available salary. How many other teams as good as we are can say that?

But still important to point out areas of failure and need.

18. archinkent

archinkent Member

I think some fans have too high of an expectation from this team. This team is not a contender and not every game is a must win. There are all these new players playing together for the first time and they are still going through a learning curve. Just be patient and enjoy the games, win or lose.

19. BeardlyBeardman

Man if you consider this year kind of a red-shirt year for Asik (like I do) as far as learning to finish at the rim, catch the ball in p&r, etc ... you have to be excited. He has gotten better every game. He was actually looking to dunk a few times last night.

Give this team a year. For Asik to work on those things, for Lin and Harden to learn each other's tendencies, for our rookies to get playing time so they gain confidence (like Mook is doing right now). Worry less about winning every game this season and think more about getting guys the experience and where we'll be going into next year. Pretty exciting. The "Lin is garbage/an allstar" threads after every game are roflsauce though.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Breathe in.....Breathe out....Breathe in.....

I was also in favor of picking up Lin and still am,
    but I was not aware how Polarizing he is and what
    a cult following he has...I hope I have enough stamina to
    endure a whole year of this!