1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Novak and JLIII Make Summer Leagues Tops List

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox Addict, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't find this on the threads so if its up toss this:

Espn has an article that has the top 5 rookies in the summer league and Novak was # 5. JLIII was the #1 unrestricted free agent to get signed. Both Novak and JLIII were highly praised..I think this is good stuff !! Yes they are not "Now" players but I think Novak could be the next Bullard and JLIII could be a nice 3rd SG. Hey with JLIII "ITS IN HIS BLOOOOOOOD MAN !! "

2. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Bullard never could move like Novak. When Bullard came into the league, nobody said "oh, he needs to improve his defense." Instead, they said "give the ball to Bullard when he's open." The reason for this is that Bullard was always a one trick poney. Novak is never going to be a tough defender. But he will be able to play average defense and put up some points.

Don't call Novak the next Bullard.

3. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

EXCUSE ME !! MOMMIE !!

4. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Give JL a chance to prove himself!
    He is a nice back up PG` :p

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

haha

I am happy Lucas improved, he should get some extra minutes as a 3rd pg, or maybe even as 2nd....

Novak, man, I really enjoy seeing the stats he produces right now, can't wait to see him in action

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm worried that we will lose out on lucas.

5 teams offer him a contract!? if we want him as a third stringer he might go somewhere else where he can be the backup.

7. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Good stuff. I found it funny that they trade Darius Washington to Dallas for a bag of popcorn. So much for him

8. Omer

Omer Member

Yes I have been increasingly worried about our chances of getting JL3, especially since he's done so well in the summer league and lots of teams are interested.
    Let's hope he remains loyal!

9. KMC1499

KMC1499 Member

Does anyone have a video of this guy actuall playing? I dont think i have ever seen him do so.

10. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Hey did the popcorn come with butter? :D The Rockets can take a guy with potential and after playing in JVG system he's not fit to play Euro league. The Suns take scrubs from other teams and they become all-stars.

11. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Let's hope we remain loyal to him.

12. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I have not been able to find this transaction anywhere. How much $$ or draft considerations did we get for him? Was he even under a Rockets contract of any kind? I'm really in the dark on this one.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I would love to keep jl3 but he would be dumb to turn down an offer from a terrible team where he could showcase himself more.

14. Jd1

Jd1 Member

I have a bad feeling about this too. He played too good in the summer leagues.