1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Not so new mar1juana studies- maybe safe?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 3, 2014.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ran across some studies suggesting mar1juana/cannabis helps kill tumors/cancerous cells

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/cannabis/healthprofessional/page4

A video on same subject

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DttdDOqQMuY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

[​IMG]

2. val_modus

val_modus Member

But the government tells me its a schedule I drug, and the insurance companies have hired professionals that tell me its the devil, and my school just sent me an email sponsored by big alcohol telling me to make sure I hire cab service while I get obliterated off of liver and brain damaging alcohol on my 21st birthday!

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

And don't forget the schedule II and schedule III methamphetamines that my parents got me for my ADD/ADHD that everyone knows is healthy.

I refuse to support this mar1juana movement, its just a bunch of lazy stoners who are too lazy to go get smashed at a bar or to make a trip down to the 7/11 for a nice buzz inducing cigarette.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The fact that you put it so light heartedly is why it should be legal. Weed illegal causes more problems than weed being legal, and if the best defense for keeping weed illegal is lazy stoners...

#4 fchowd0311, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  5. g1184

g1184 Member

I think he's being sarcastic ... hopefully.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's definitely being sarcastic lol

There's a lot of mar1juana haters and lovers on this board im surprised how slow this thread is considering there is a study by a legitimate source concluding cannabis helps kill cancerous cells.

7. g1184

g1184 Member

Personally, I'm waiting for the eventuality where mar1juana is rolled and packaged and sold to 18+, just like cigarettes. All the states looking for an economic boost will probably join Oregon and Colorado in a couple years ... when those two are rolling in dough and the others aren't. I hope the studies that show medical benefits aren't eventually outweighed by whatever detriments that may come.

8. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

In case you aren't aware, two more states are voting on legalizing pot today. Oregon and Alaska could possibly join Washington and Colorado as states that have legalized pot.

This thing could snowball fairly quickly if both states vote yes today.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Like alcohol, there are probably postive and negative effects

10. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

It's an old study, nothing new to discuss.

11. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

This.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you didn't get desoxyn stfu.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I know, that's why in the title of the thread I put "not so new studies". Yet mar1juana is still demonized, and even put in the same context as alcohol, when it's been proven to kill and prevent tumors. How is something a beneficial as killing cancerous cells, still frowned upon and grouped in with a terrible substance like alcohol? It's news to discuss because if I went up the average person and asked them if they knew mar1juana killed cancers, they would look at me like i'm crazy.

14. Bandwagoner

Found this interesting. Investigated at cancer.org. Found out it was BS.

I will stick with Jaffa Cakes. The orange bit cures cancer.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Care to elaborate?

16. g1184

g1184 Member

Don't you want to save the world from heart disease? ;)

17. Bandwagoner

As of 2014, there are reports online suggesting that mar1juana oil or “hemp” oil can cure cancer, as well as diabetes, ulcers, arthritis, migraines, insomnia, infections, and many other diseases. These claims are largely unsupportable.

18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Don't forget the part where cancer kills everything else.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol a little glass of red wine now and then isn't the same as hard liquor and beer.

Thats all that's said? That's not really convincing me that the studies are total BS.

What

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, you expressed shock that people weren't more supportive of mar1juana based on the premise that it kills cancers cells, and I just pointed out that cancer, particularly before the advent of all kinds of non-pot-related treatments and remedies, was basically a death sentence.