1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one mention of the 23 run Astros game on ESPN website

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Aug 10, 2019.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

It seems like there are TONS of Astros fans in every park we play in.

But yeah, I stopped caring about what the national media thinks of us after this debacle back in 1994:

[​IMG]

That being said, I do like to read the 'power rankings' every week and the Astros have been #1 in every one I've seen (including ESPN) since the Greinke trade.

vince likes this.
  2. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

They weren't #1 in the Atlantic power rankings (previously done by now known to be wife beater Jonah Keri) this week.
    Grant Brisbee did those power rankings and had the Dodgers 1, Astros 2, Yankees 3. Grant Brisbee used to be a national treasure, now he writes only for the Giants.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Insider Newsletter™ 2X Diamond Member

ESPN is safe. The victims are still a minority in Houston.

Houston is Texans town.

People who tolerate a mediocre product also tolerate mediocre analysis.

4. Buck Turgidson

Buck Turgidson Mineshaft Enthusiast
    Supporting Member

DISRESPECT ALERT FOR REAL FANS:

Espn's headline article on the front page has a discussion about which of the 3 teams - Dodgers, Astros, Yankees - is the "team to beat" in October. While the Astros were spoken of favorably, picked to win even, a couple of times the writers had the gall to mention that the Dodgers are also a pretty good team and could in fact win the WS.

Major likes this.
  5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Excuse me The Athletic, not the Atlantic. Trying to multi task. And will echo the sentiment above, the Athletic is awesome and well worth the money if you enjoy sports.