1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not bringing Cole in the 7th Inning...

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by astros123, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

those arguing you will never know have to take into account that his pitch count was low. he had just thrown a beautiful strike they rulled a ball a couple pitches earlier. it was obvious he was still in great shape to keep going.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Yet we were winning 2-0 going into the 7th. How many runs do you expect in game 7 against mad max??? You know hes one of the top 3 pitchers in the NL for a reason. Theres absolutely no reason to keep going go ur bullpen. Hinch used his starters out of the bullpen in 2017 and if he uses urqudy/Cole there we probably win the game.

Harris isn't coming back. What are you talking about?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Doesn't matter. it comes down to situational hitting. how many runs did i expect? I expect when you get base traffic like the astros did, you take more advantage of it. The nationals certainly did when they sucked throughout most of the game up until the 7 inning. and that's why they're the champs and the stros are not. what's been the common theme during this run. the offensive struggles and again it finally caught up bc there's no "next game" or "the offense is due" to make up for it

the stros with 10 lob. 9 hits for 2 runs. Wash on the other hand 6 runs off 9 hits. that's game period.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

Dude of course it matters. WE WERE WINNING THE GAME IN THE 7TH.

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

no it doesn't

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Pulled Greinke too early. That was his mistake more than anything else.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

when Hinch didn't get a hit with runners on second and third - I flat out lost it with him.

BleedsRocketRed and marks0223 like this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

Lmao of course it matters. Go back to watching NBA cuz you dont know what the fk you're talking about. How many runs did you plan on scoring against max scherzer? Theres a reason hes a former Cy young, future hall of famer, and has a sub 3 era in the playoffs. He leaves runners on base because hes fkin Max Scherzer. Pitching is what wins in the playoffs and will always rule. We've always strugged against power pithers and always will. Astros's sluggers have typically ALWAYS struggled against fast ball pitchers if you watched any baseball in your lifetime.

We were 8 outs away from the world series with the best pitcher in the league ready to go in the pen. You make Cole show the world why hes worth whatever money hes asking for. The entire world would be watching Cole and he would have the pressure of the team on his shoulders. Go out there and earn that 250+ million.

We ****ed up by pulling Grieneke and thats what cost us the game. Plain and simple.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh please. you been on this crybaby tirade since yesterday. probably cause you were talking so much about how easy it was for the stros to win it and put whatever fake money you wanted everyone to believe and lost it. the bats were clearly to blame last night. you weren't winning a world series on 2 runs.

youre b****ing about bringing in someone who has never ever pitched in relief, never ever pitched on short rest. makes 0 damn sense you think that was gonna be the difference. you can't even start with the right person to blame. weren't you the same one b****ing about yuli. atleast you're consistent in regards to takes

J.R. likes this.
  10. astros123

astros123 Member

Lol whatever fake money I put. I hedged and made a nefty profit and if your dumbass would've read my thread i put the majority of my money on the stros to win the pennant. You're just a bandwagoner who always trolls. Im a diehard Astros fan with a strong opinion and if you dont like it then move the fk on.

You still angry that we traded for Westbrook arent you?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

the internet is the best way to portray something you're not

12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Hinch needs to go. Everyone in the stadium was saying WTF when Zack was taken out...people in my section were demanding Cole in the 7th. Even the 8 year old behind me knew better

everyday eddie and clutchdabear like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

Did Morton have experienced when he came out in 2017? Did Lance have experience coming out of the pen? DId Scherzer have experience coming out of the pen when he pitched against the Dodgers? Did Bumgarner have experience coming out of the pen in game 7 against the royals? Did Randy johnson have experience coming out of the pen? I can do this ALL DAY.

Do you even watch any sports?

everyday eddie and jklb like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Did verlander have experience when he just came out on short rest? Oh how did that go? Did you even watch the game. :rolleyes:

We know you can cry all day. you've been doing it for awhile. no need to announce it

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Hinch went with Charlie Morton in 17 and he didn't do it this year to finish it. Whatever the case, he is still the best manager the Stros have.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

yeah dude im crying because Im talking about the mistakes Astros made. No wonder everyone hates you in the garm. You're just a lousy troll who will go on my ignore now. You dont effect me f*****.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're worried about who hates who? who gives af. like i said its the internet. you're worried about the wrong things lmao. you sound so angry and its hilarious. I guess I would be a bit upset too if I were you

18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

19. astros123

astros123 Member

Asking for Hinch to leave is more moronic then anything else. Hinch is the most wanted manager right now in the league and I just hope he learns his lesson from this mistake and becomes a better manager.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  20. Stros66

Stros66 Member

If Cole came in and gave up ton of runs I can live with that but not having him come in is inexcusable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.