1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That's a great jersey.

Caesar and Reeko like this.
  2. Caesar

Caesar Member

[

ewww...Spurs colors.

napalm06 and aroundtheblock2 like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

The grays are so much better than the striped pajamas and the commie reds. Like the throwbacks better than the original McDonalds unis now, sacrilege I know.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Needs some red in there somewhere.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

BREAKING NEWS: Rockets aren't changing anything next season with Nike.

wow les and everyone in charge of branding for the Houston Rockets, I AM SO EXCITED TO NOT HAVE A NEW UNIFORM. You ****ing morons please update the home and road jerseys, i've been wanting to buy one for 15 ****ing years now but you won't change the design. ugliest, most boring unis in the league.

[​IMG]

Fullcourt likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

More importantly, the last line in that image says "no alternate uniforms" for next season. So that means NO BLACK unis next year. That sucks.

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yep, the guys at sportslogos.net were saying they confirmed there are no changes to the Rockets brand or uniforms for next season and I was so pissed off. I'm sick and tired of these phony Rockets. I want MY HOUSTON ROCKETS BACK! OUR BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIP IDENTITY is the only Houston Rockets I know.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Wait. The freakin Cavs are getting new Home and Away? They have like a billion uniforms in their history. Clippers? They just rebranded. Portland and Minni makes sense because of logo and script changes. Pacers I was expecting, but Cavs and Clippers get new home and away already??

WTF is leslie doing?

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

No alternate uniforms? Like at all? I mean I think teams these days have WAYYY too many uniforms, but each team should be allowed one freaking alternate for crying out loud. Gotta be fake news.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

My one excitement for the off season was hoping and praying my real Houston Rockets would return donning red and gold next year. Instead, this horrible day started with confirmation that the Rockets will not be making any changes at all for next year and now we have a horrible and embarrassing loss to a team without their best player and the season is over.

This is going to be a really horrible off season waiting for some big splash signing like Serg Ibaka when we all know we'll be right here next season because were just pretenders and will remain so barring another superstar coming.

....god damnit i'm so sick and tired of this loser brand we have right now....WAKE THE **** UP LES! YAO IS GONE. Get rid of this damn team china identity...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

It's going to be 15 years of this loser brand...21 years of heartbreak and disappointment ever since Leslie tossed our championship brand in the trash. Tired of this dude....he doesn't get it. It wasn't just colors or clothes or a logo. It was US. It was Houston and the people that live in Houston. A diverse people that came from simple backgrounds and worked hard to move up in life. Les wants us to be hollywood...leave that **** to Dallas.

We already suffered for over 23 years up to that point in 94, we had our ups and downs and we finally did it and won our first major sports championship. That was it. It was plain. It was nothing fancy. When you look at that brand, you think of a blue collar, hard working team just like what the city of Houston is. A city that keeps on grinding no matter how bad things are in the rest of the country.
    Rocket theme and NASA was never about being hip and fancy and high tech. Go visit NASA. It's a **** hole. It's people that just go to work every ****ing day to do incredible things. They don't sit around in their ****ing loafers and capri pants wearing ****ing shades at night.

GOD DAMNIT. Go **** yourself Leslie. Sell the team. Live your remaining years in New York where you belong. Live forever for all i care. Just sell the ****ing team.

I'm so sick and tired and done with this wannabe New York China Rockets. You think it's all a coincidence our players keep quitting ever since the championship days were over? It all starts with the identity Leslie has built here. Leslie built a team for casual New York transplants that live in Houston and gave the rest of us a big F YOU.

BleedsRocketRed and J.R. like this.
  11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

In 2010 Adidas changed all uniforms to the Rev30 material. In this process, we lost our 'shiny' dazzle look that our original jerseys have. After 7 years of the current ones, I miss these old ones. They pop more and the current ones just seem dull in comparison. I also like the old collar more. Check out the difference in the numbers. We stole the Pacers font.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Deuce and HTX Ninja like this.
  12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Man that shine was everything, and the old font was better too

13. ths balla

ths balla Member

Don't be too down in the dumps, from what I have seen in the Nike 17/18 NBA apparel book, the home/road jerseys will have a slightly different look. Expect the shoulder stripes to be more subtle and moved to the side/rib area, like the sleeved grey jerseys.

Caesar likes this.
  14. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I don't understand it -- the only apparel I own is ketchup 'n mustard throwback stuff, and I know I'm not the only one. If you look around the arena, many times you'll see more round red and yellows than dorky angular R's.

Our current logo looks like a product of the early 2000's, when it was implemented. Fortunately, that edgy nonsense has faded away, and teams are embracing their history. Look at the Jazz, Kings, Wizards, Hawks and now Pistons, all going back to a more classic style (and that's just in the past two years). Imagine if the Warriors still had that goofy, lightning-wielding bro they ditched in 2010?

Our logo looks dated, and our jerseys are boring and unflattering.

whiskeyred and Caesar like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I'm dying for us to go back to those championship jerseys or at least jerseys that resemble them. They were so clean.

[​IMG]

or at least

[​IMG]

We might not ever have good looking jerseys again with Les in charge. Anyone who can co-sign those pajama abominations and that hideous cartoon logo can't be trusted.

[​IMG]

Seriously, wtf were those??

we even had this garbage as our homecourt once...

[​IMG]

Les can't be trusted!

16. omgTHEpotential

I don't think it's because Les is cheap or anything. He probably just doesn't get the importance/value of a re-brand to give your team a fresh look, especially if it's finally a really good team that you don't want to be associated with the shitty ones.

Teams like the Pelicans get it. I love their Mardi Gras version:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

I heard we're getting rid of those butt ugly grey ones, so there's that.

napalm06 likes this.
  18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Learn to love it.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

The pinstripe uniforms are the greatest uniforms in Rockets history, period.

20. Fantasma Negro

I don't understand the hate for the uniforms, I think they're perfect. They're unique, no one else in the league has anything like em, they are both timeless and modern. My only change would be to use the Christmas italics permanently.
    [​IMG]
    I don't get what's to hate about them. I'm more concerned with the players in uniform than the uniform itself. Who cares if we don't get the black jerseys next year, win in the ****ing playoffs, that's all I give a **** about

#1340 Fantasma Negro, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Kam likes this.