1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not sure if correct, but per reddit... I don't love it, but its about a trillion times better than the Rockets...

https://i.imgur.com/38uIFDg.png

Caesar likes this.
  2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

The only thing I think could be improved on the championship uniforms is to NOT slant or italicize "Houston" on the front. Just a straight font would look better in my opinion... Didn't the team do that during the Steve Francis era for an alternate jersey?

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

With Nike now signed, it's time for Leslie to capitalize. For a greedy b*stard who ironically likes to credit himself for Double Clutch City, he does not want to go back retro like 70-80% of the teams have been doing. What a moron.

Caesar and Sanity2disChaos like this.
  4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

Sen89, topfive, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope they get rid of those grey abominations and bring back a jersey resembling the championship ones...those were so clean

BigMaloe, Caesar and HTX Ninja like this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Not to disparage anyone who dislikes them, but that design was meant to be an homage to the Titan rocket of the Gemini program. I really like the design and tribute. It's subtle and the only time the Rockets have truly owned their namesake and NASA heritage without involving the use of a flying dildo. Perhaps, I'm in the minority on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

D-rock, topfive and RCPM like this.
  8. onreego

onreego Member

I honestly would be happy with white and red versions of the black jersey. New logo and type too but baby steps, baby steps.

Deuce, BigMaloe and Caesar like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

At least just a teeny weeny bit of gold and i'll give it the approval
    [​IMG]

BigMaloe and onreego like this.
  10. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The problem with those jerseys is that they look good on paper, but when you get one on, it looks like you're wearing a mechanics suit. Maybe it's the fact that they went with the sleeved design that bugs me, but I don't think there's a single player in the NBA that would make these jerseys look good. I do like the checkered pattern on the sides, but I love it way more on the black jerseys. Much more subtle, and a really cool touch.

Caesar and ghettocheeze like this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

gray is so damn dull

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

I appreciate the intent behind the design of those jerseys, but they're just hideous IMO. I don't know many people who would buy them or actually wear them out in public. I always see people rocking the ketchup and mustard or the black jerseys.

I just really like the championship jerseys and hope that they'll go with a new look that resembles them.

#1312 Reeko, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    HTX Ninja and ghettocheeze like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets need to toss those jerseys in the trash, burn them, or send them into space...just get rid of them

RasaqBoi and Caesar like this.
  14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I hate the grey. And I hate the sleeves.

Just bring back the ketchup and mustard.

It's not that hard.

Caesar and HTX Ninja like this.
  15. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Agreed. The design never translated well from paper to cloth. The sleeves were a bad idea from the beginning. A better design would have been sleeveless white jersey with black lettering and logo. Remove the red altogether and use the grey as the tertiary component on highlights and shading. It's all there in the original design, but poorly executed.

Still, I would like the Rockets to attempt another version in the next rebrand. The NASA space program is so rich in historical significance that it would be a shame not incorporate at least some elements into the Rockets branding efforts.

Reeko and HTX Ninja like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Sounds like someone's going to have to carry Harden's beard-grooming equipment.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Here's a crude mockup of the changes I mentioned above I would make to the alternate grey jersey that embodies the spirit of the Titan rocket and the Gemini program while still being a functional jersey design.

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

clean and simple, and they look good

why are the Rockets constantly trotting out stuff like

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

RudyTBag likes this.