1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Not again) New Rockets Jersey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dream2franchise, Mar 8, 2012.

1. dream2franchise

Yep I recall the cringeworthy tweet.

Appreciate that.

2. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

3. rockets13champs

4. bugshardenspacejam

I'm really liking this. I've felt like for a long time now the Rockets need to KILL THE GRAY and focus on:

Red, ORANGE, Gold, White, Black

We're Space City... orange like rocket fire... the astronauts wore orange... we're like the new Phoenix Suns...

Home Jersey: White - Red, orange, gold trim
    Away Jersey: Red - Orange, gold, black trim
    Alternative 1: Black - Red, orange, gold trim
    Alternative 2: Orange - Red, gold, black trim

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Don't know if these were posted, but i really like it. I've always wanted a modernized astronaut as part of our logo and as a throwback. I also like the NASA badge idea and i believe it was this very thread where i was saying we should incorporate NASA style badges on the uniforms.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.michael-weinstein.com/nba-logo-redesigns-houston-rockets/

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Really like this colorway too, but looks like the late 90s early 2k Warriors which was a sweet colorway.
    I believe it was this very thread where i also suggested changing our colorway to orange and blue as a nod to astronaut suits and just trying to think outside the box. White home, reddish orange away. Blue alt.

[​IMG]

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

You keep thinking outside the box Caesar. You're going to go far kid. You had big dreams of living a fapless life back then. I let you down.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets need to get rid of those grey jerseys...throw them in the trash, burn them with fire, send them into space...whatever it takes

Why don't we ever wear the ketchup and mustard jerseys anymore?

I wish they'd just bring back the championship jerseys. Those were clean.

[​IMG]

9. rockets13champs

Astros color way

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Member

My best guess is that LE$ hates those colors and that brand. Thing is, red and gold can look extremely classy.

11. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

W
    I really dig this design especially the isolated secondary. We're headed to another space war, but with NASA vs. SpaceX this time. Rockets are cool and relevant again. Naturally, we should rebrand to reflect this excitement.

[​IMG]

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

The yellow & red with the rocket is dope.

14. dream2franchise

I dig that little Icon. Nicely done.

Caesar likes this.
  15. dream2franchise

Been messin' with this as part of a Photoshop template I'm going to release.

[​IMG]

Caesar, ghettocheeze and J.R. like this.
  16. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Liking the commitment and work being put into this. I dig the astronaut theme,

@dream2franchise like the color but the jersey looks too bland/college like

17. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Apparently the TWolves are getting a rebrand coming out for first view today?? Seems like they rebrand every 5 years. Which I don't recommend, but clearly Rockets are WAY WAY past due.

Regarding the above, I really don't like the swoop around astronaut man. Not to get too disgusting, but it's like an astronaut swooping in some sperm. And besides that, it's too over-complicated, too 90s esque cartoonish.

And the secondary color scheme DEFINITELY way too much like old school Warriors.

Keep the concepts coming.

Are we EVER going to get news of a full rebrand for the Rockets? We've been talking about his ... well since the last one was done but in real seriousness for 5+ years.

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is all I could ever want really. I'd be happy just going back to the original if it was allowed, but a slight modernization is all I would need to be happy. LES will never allow it as long as he's alive.

J.R. likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Member

It's all on Les. The man has horrible taste and I'm sure he has final word on all uniform and logo designs. I'm fairly certain he hates the original design. He bought the team like that and probably wanted to change everything to make it his own from the start.

He would probably make capris and loafers as part of our uniforms if he were allowed to.

In all honesty, we've skipped a couple of perfect opportunities as a franchise to rebrand. Yao brought on the current look we have. We could have easily upgraded after Harden year 1. We could have easily rebranded with HardenDwight duo. Now we can easily rebrand with MDA+Harden PG duo AND Nike taking over. The time is now. But, our brand makes it still look like "the time is Yao."

At this point, I really wouldn't even mind going back to RWB colorway. It at least matches the Texans and city/state colors and we could just use red as the primary away instead of blue bc we should always be a red team. I used to hate that idea of being anything other than red white and yellow/gold, but I see now Les will never go back so I've come to accept RWB as part of our history that is most likely to look good. Just Red and white looks way too boring and plain. Adding gray to that juts adds to the dullness of our brand.

J.R. likes this.
  20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Very excited for this. The Wolves have tons of potential to look great. They need to make a Forest Green type of color as their primary. Hope they go the Bucks route with a modern retro look. It's certainly another chance to see what NIKE can do for the NBA...if they are even doing it? Is Nike involved in any way with designs?

I'll be hitting refresh button in the Dish knowing JR will be on top of it.

Weren't the Pistons also going retro modern with their logo redesign?