1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not a fan of trading Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DFresh, Jul 3, 2018.

1. DFresh

DFresh Member

If Harden or Paul get hurt for a few games who's the other guard that can somewhat create off the dribble & hit the 3?....And for Carmelo? Hell no. He's not the player he once was, period. Isaiah Thomas is cool, but he doesn't have the 3-point range, he'd be Ty Lawson part 2. Morey, don't let Ryno force you into making a bad move please. I don't want him here either, but you need a stretch 4 off the bench to relieve Tucker. Warriors got Cousins, I don't care. Look into a mirror, grab your junk & go COMPETE!

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I think we give OP the respect he deserves for creating an entirely new thread that aggregate the ideas/thoughts of 20 other threads.

BUMP

topfive and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  3. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Deserves it's own thread

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

we also can't have a washed-up Ryno hanging around on the bench when we're trying to bring a championship back to town...

if we're losing Ryno, we're going to have to lose at least a big piece. as long as we get something back in return, i have no problem. but we have to get back something that will actually work... not Melo.

5. steddinotayto

topfive likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

7. steddinotayto

If Daryl Morey can make magic happen last year to get Chris Paul then I don't think $5-$6 million difference in salary between Porter and Anderson is gonig to be a problem.

8. PatBev

PatBev Member

Not a fan of watching him dribbling and fumbling the ball 50% of the time either

He also cries more than anyone when he misses a shot

izeroi likes this.
  9. izeroi

izeroi Member

Couldn't agree more with both statements.

10. PatBev

PatBev Member

[​IMG]

What I imagine any time he touches the ball

izeroi likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Rockets are only trading Gordon if a proven scorer is coming back. There's zero chance we go into next season with literally just Harden and Paul as offensive threats.

juanm34 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good thing Gordon is not getting traded unless it's for a better player, Gordon has his faults as a player, he's still pretty great value and a good fit for this team, no reason to move unless bla bla...

topfive likes this.
  13. s3ts

s3ts Member

We gave away an all-defensive PG, one 1st rounder, one 2nd rounder, and bunch of salary dumps, all for CP3. And then we signed several free-agents who made that trade worth it.

I agree that Morey was great last off season, this isn't the same. Ryno is a distinct challenge that can't be solved without hawking over some kind of legitimate talent... At least that's my belief.

steddinotayto likes this.
  14. steddinotayto

Sometimes you just gotta believe my good man lol.

Out of that list, ANY of those players would be better than Ryan Anderson.

s3ts likes this.
  15. izeroi

izeroi Member

I cringe when I see him try to do anything besides shoot a 3.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

Two points:

1) Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, is talking about trading EG for Melo.

2) @steddinotayto is killing it today.

17. hakeemthagreat

I'd take Melo. Just because a guy isn't what he once was doesn't mean he can't be effective in the right system

darksoul35 likes this.
  18. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't disagree with you, I appreciate you putting together a long list of things, but they're not complete because matching salary is tough. Yeah, we got Morey, and I don't doubt him. I love him for taking this team to the top like he did.

I just think that the type of talent that Ryno is, coupled with that gigantic non-expiring contract, is going to cause any team to demand something else in return. You're right that we don't have to lose EG, it's just that that's what the team is most likely going to ask for.

19. steddinotayto

I've been on a tear since I realized how close I was to being in the Top 10 for Likes received over a 7 day period.

PLUS, just trying to lighten the mood around here. It's like this team never went to a Game 7 WCF last year. Many are quickly forgetting that Kevin Martin was our supposed savior at one time.

topfive likes this.
  20. steddinotayto

I think the players on the list are very obtainable due to the fact that their contracts are just as bad as, if not worse, than Anderson's. As far as salary matching is concerned, all should be pretty close to Anderson's salary by himself. If we need to sign a bunch of NG deals to make it happen so be it. It will DEFINITELY take a few draft picks to get this process moving but what are future draft picks worth to a team that is clearly working with a window of opportunity only for the next 3-4 years?