1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<Nostalgic thread>Do you miss this rotation team in 2017-2018?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Mar 19, 2020.

1. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Clint Nenê Tarik
    Ryan PJ
    Trevor Luc
    Harden Green
    CP3 EG

Seriously, when this rotation team can operate, I even forgot how to spell "lose":cool: We can even have two sets of playoff rotation in one game,Harden seemed omnipotent on the floor,when the opponent is glad that Harden is off, CP3 will leads EG、Green、Trevor、Ryan、PJ,、Luc 、Nene to destroy them,and when the opponent is just about to be happy for CP3's coming off,they had to face an energetic Harden.God Bless them!:cool:

This team is good in offensive and defense,we have the best alternate lineup in the league, which gives me a sense of cheating in playing games.we always end the suspense in the first three quarters,even if we're 20 points behind in the game, I'm not worried.
    I've been following Yao Ming to the Rockets for 18 years now. I just want to be honest, this is the most powerful rockets I have ever seen(Don't get me wrong Dud:D. I know Hakeem is a legend. I mean I've witnessed the powerful rockets only in 2017-2018).As a fanatical fan, it's fascinating to see that our team can control the situation in almost every game,.This feeling has never been experienced before when I watched the Rockets

2. HP3

HP3 Member

You won’t find a lot of people on here who don’t miss that team.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

should've ran it back...

4. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I just miss basketball...

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Makes me wonder how good the Rockets would be today with a healthy Luc. Gordon wasn't one of the most overpaid players in the league back then either.

I know the season is over but it seems like a huge disappointment. The Thunder finished ahead of us after the Westbrook trade. Not only that, but Westbrook was having easily the best season of his career, and most efficient.

Harden is better with a big man. For everything we gained with Russell with small ball, we lost with James. When Westbrook sits, Chandler or Harty should come into the game.

I still think we could beat anybody but a healthy Clippers team......and they were rarely healthy.

6. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

One of the greatest mysteries in sports. What happened to Ryan Anderson’s shot?

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Still the best rockets team by far since the 90s ship

BaselineFade and eliefor3 like this.
  8. magichat281

magichat281 Member

i have to disagree yao and mcgrady would beat kobe if both didnt go down. mcgrady tore acl in dallas then yao broke is foot in gamve 4 or 5. we still took lakers to 7 who won the championship.

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

this didn't really say anything

10. magichat281

magichat281 Member

i just said something what you mean?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

it didnt say anything relevant to them being better than a 65 win team that was rated 1/7 on ortg & drtg respectively. cause it wasn't

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. macan

macan Member

if everyone was healthy, we'd had beaten that fake arse worriers team without a doubt.
    also if we had run it back with ariza the following season, we probably have two more rings now..

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I miss Yao (and Kobe, Scola, Battier, Addleman, Hayes, Brooks etc etc. 2009 was fun.)

疯狂伊文戴德蒙 likes this.
  14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

People forget that 08-09 roster with Artest. If McGrady and Yao would’ve stayed healthy that year then they could’ve won the championship.

Lowry/Brooks
    McGrady/Wafer
    Battier
    Artest/Scola
    Yao/Hayes/Mutumbo

Jayzers_100, fattz and hikanoo49 like this.
  15. s3ts

s3ts Member

This popped up on my youtube feed today.

This team was something else.

HP3, BaselineFade and BigggReddd like this.
  16. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Ryan is just suffering from ankle and back injuries, which has greatly reduced his competitive condition.
    When Ryan is healthy, his three-point shooting percentage after receiving the CP3 pass is close to 70%, which sounds crazy.

As long as the Rockets fans who have experienced that wonderful season should be familiar with it, when Ryan's three-point shooting fire is fully open, we may see Zhou Qi and onuaku on the floor in the third quarter

17. BleedsRocketRed

Nobody is going to argue against that really.
    It was the greatest team in Rockets history, even including the championship teams.

Unfortunately they ran into one of the greatest dynasties in NBA history in their own conference. That team without a doubt would have won the Championship in ANY other year over the last 20 years. (even the 73-win Warriors I feel)

Rockets get a lot of heat for their failures againt Golden State, which is grossly undeserved.

jeevinesh likes this.
  18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, until 17-18 that was easily the best team since the championships. McGrady wasn't right all season, he came into training camp hobbled. Just wasn't healthy all year.

19. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Well.. we might have even beat a healthy clipper team considering they beat us when we were in a funk and getting blown out by lottery bound garbage..

I believe if, big if I know, the Rockets are firing on all cylinders they are impossible to beat...

20. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Roster wise that team was superb, but T Mac was done by that point. I feel the Rockets had a better chance the season prior (22gm streak) before Yao got injured. Mac was still a top 10 and Yao was amazing. I remember being a broke college student in the midst of the global financial collapse and that Rockets team was my only escape. That day it was announced Yao was out for the season still hurts. Unfortunately, our luck hasn’t changed in the decades to follow. In the 2010s, CP3 hammy hurt ten times more...and in this nightmare of a decade that we are only three months into, the entire season is lost essentially wasting Harden’s prime (he might have another 2 years left but time is ticking.)

#20 Elephant810, Mar 23, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2020