1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Non ESPN]Harden has his flaws because of this system

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 29, 2018.

?

What's the problem?

1. This jack up only 3s system that tires out the whole team

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  2. Harden is playing hero ball and not trusting his teammates

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  3. D'Antoni for not calling time outs and not seeing any of this

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This season has all types of crappy blind player on fans
    saying that Harden is better than Hakeem, but I understand the stupidity of people who listen to mumble rappers and hate on the 90s, they know nothing

As a PURE fan, I have actually been very impressed with Harden.
    He's actually a great leader and he actually played defense.

The problem I have with him Harden is based on the system that makes him believes jacking up a three pointer is better than a mid range and that his step back three is better than his mid range.

Let's be real. His step back is awesome, but take 30 step backs in a row and you will be tired, especially if you have people guarding you.

What happens if you miss a step back 3? the other team rebounds cause it's a long rebound and runs a fast break, you then have to run back on defense super fast .

if someone misses a closer shot, the defense will have a longer distance to run.

Do you see what I see??

2. Buck Turgidson

Dribble, pass, jack up a shot.

I don't mind the Harden iso's much at all, Gordon/Paul either as long as someone is attacking the rim with regularity, it's the other stuff where there's no creativity and minimal ball movement that frustrates me.

Lawlruschang and bj3175 like this.
  3. tinman

Supporting Member

they spend all this energy on defense, then on offense they have to shoot the longest shot on the court, usually not wide open shots.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Harden can't carry it all on his shoulders - you need a side kick, and CP3 was his. Sad

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

when james harden pulled up on draymond at the free throw line and made it, looked way easier than jacking it up from the 3

that's the easy excuse to say we need chris paul. who for some reason, likes to shoot midrange.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Against a team full of All Stars?

Well, that's shocking.

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Guy has been hitting 3's all year long. It's easy to 2nd guess but the man brought us here. I don't blame him for taking the 3's.

I think the comparisons to Hakeem are silly too. They don't even play the same position by a stretch. I bet you thought that Hakeem would have loved to play with Harden and vice versa

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

9. Buck Turgidson

No patience either, no extra pass.

tinman likes this.
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

exactly, jacking up that many 3s is tiring.

Steph and Klay won the 3 point shooting contest and never jack up that many 3s.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It will be interesting to see if the Rockets double down on their offensive style next year, or if they try to mix up more off ball stuff and more mid range shots.

Lawlruschang and tinman like this.
  12. realonemo

realonemo Member

James shoots a lot of contested 3's. Idk why he doesn't mix it up by taking a few 15-18 ft jumpers. Who cares if the three is a more efficient shot. It's just unrealistic to ask someone to play locked in defense and then shoot contested step back 3's against one of the best teams of all time.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

they better

we lost the exact same way two games in a row with a lead

14. Buck Turgidson

They need 1 more really good wing who is the younger better version of Ariza. And they have, have to fix the PF spot, however they choose to do it.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

His game has always been ref dependent because of his reading the rules.

People telling him to compromise because the system is jacked is probably why he still does what he does.

It's probably a reason why he gets better every year... To prove them wrong and win in his terms

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. realonemo

realonemo Member

Agreed as hard as Ariza plays he's just not the guy. Need someone in his role who can either play make or get his own shot.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

This disrespect to our best player is causing bad karma.

I doubt any other organization has fans that do this to their legends. not the Celtics, or Bulls, or Lakers.

It's the reverse, those fans love their legends. they love their championships.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. bj3175

bj3175 Member

The Rockets have to mix it up by getting some easy baskets and then kick out for threes. You cant just shoot threes cold all the time and expect to sustain it that way. I think they should still shoot the 3 50 times but how they get those 3's need to improve a bit

Bearius Jones and Lawlruschang like this.
  19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's been jacking it up since 2012

20. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

it's not the harden threes that are the problem. he shoots around 35% from three on average and draws a decent number of fouls, so his threes are the equivalent of a ~55% two, not even chris paul the midrange GOAT averages that.

the problem is guys like trevor ariza and gerald green chucking contested threes early in the possession instead of working for a better shot