1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non all star draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Jun 1, 2014.

?

What period do you want to use?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2014.
  1. From 2000-01 season to now

47.1%
  2. Last 10 years (from 2004-05 season to now)

52.9%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yung T

PG - Isaiah Thomas
    SG - Kerry Kittles
    SF - Nicolas Batum
    PF- Thaddeus Young
    C - DeMarcus Cousins

Bench: Jason Richardson, Robert Horry, John Henson

vs.

FTW Rockets

Teague
    Eric Gordon
    Mike Dunleavy
    Greg Monroe
    Andrew Bogut

Bench: Jamal Crawford, Aaron Afflalo, Donyell Marshall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thething

PG: Ty Lawson
    SG: Cuttino Mobley
    SF: Richard Jefferson
    PF: Kenneth Faried
    C: Marcus Camby

Bench: Damon Stoudamire, JJ Redick, PJ Brown

vs.

Dfb

g Eric Bledsoe
    g Doug Christie / Avery Bradley
    f Danilo Gallinari / Jimmy Butler
    f Serge Ibaka
    c Nikola Pekovic / Arvydas Sabonis

2. Spooner

Spooner Member

FTW
    TheThing

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Damn brehs, my team is way too athletic for him and he doesn't have the defenders to stop my guys.
    Thad would draw Greg out of the paint and kill him with his speed.
    Kittles, Batum and Richardson kill his wings and are more than capable of defending them. Isaiah vs. Teague is a wash.
    Got Thad and Henson to defend Greg.
    Kittles and Batum can defend his shooters off the bench.

Overall my team has way better defense and is extremely athletic compared to his, also better spacing which leads to problems for his front court and bad defensive backcourt.

Don't see how I'm losin this.

5. jvu

jvu Member

Yung T
    DFB

6. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Yung
    thing

7. jvu

jvu Member

Everyone's entitled to an opinion breh. No need to fight it. Win lose either way nothing really happens.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Honor !

9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Yung-T vs. FTW Rockets FTW 3-2
    thething vs. Dfb 4-1

11. thething

thething Contributing Member

I really don't know who would win between Yung and FTW. They both have a lot of guys who were good on losing teams.

I think DFB's team would beat both of them.

But my team is the best. If these guys played together in their prime, one would have to be voted into the allstar game.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I won't judge the last matchup. I think FTW team has a bit more talent. A better bench. Bogut is a nice option to defend Cousins. Thad Young won't have an easy time with Monroe.

On the other hand, Monroe will struggle to chase Thad Young as well, he's a much more athletic player. Yung-T has a much better wing defense. I think overall Yung-T has more matchup advantages here. But I think the talent difference makes it about even.

13. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I think you have a talented team. A lot of offense from perimeter players. But in my personal opinion, you had terrible matchups in both rounds so far, and Yung-T would be another terrible matchup if he made it to the finals. FTW wouldn't be a great matchup either, but it would be better.

In general, Al Jefferson, Pekovic, Sabonis, Cousins, Bogut, Monroe are the type of matchups that used to make Denver fans poop their pants in Camby days. Camby was terrible when he faced stronger skilled offensive centers. Many of them used to have career nights defended by Camby. He's a nice shot blocker, but not a nice at all option when faced vs. stronger offensive center.

RedNation's, mine and Yung-T's teams have these type of centers, a number of great wing defenders to slow down your main offensive options, and good scoring point guards, the types that Lawson might struggle with (especially RedNation with Andre Miller's post ups).

I don't know that your team would lose these matchups, Lawson-Cuttino-Jefferson is a great perimeter group. A lot of talent there. But I would have to think long and hard. Absolutely terrible matchups for you.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I am not sure how I lose this but I accept whatever the result.

I thought we were talking about prime in 2000. While Yung T may have better wing defense, my team is explosive. I have legit 20+ scorers at the wing position in Gordon and also Crawford of the bench. A legit stretch 4 in Donyell Marshall who can match Thad Young stride for stride if need be and shot 40% from 3 point land during his peak. Bogut can shut down the paint including Cousins. Afflalo is an underrated defender who can be used when needed. Even if his wing D is better, just feel my team is too offensively powered. OTOH, he doesn't have great scorers who would give my D much trouble. Gordon can hold his position well. Dunleavy was a 19/5/5 player at his peak with 42% 3 point land and 48% FG. He will give Batum plenty of trouble.

Anyway

15. thething

I don't think this is true. I was just looking at basketball reference and I can't find any career games against Camby. The best I found was one 24 point outing by Jefferson. Sure, he wasn't the best against stronger centers, but saying he was terrible is overstating it. If you can find a career night against him I'd like to see it.

Regardless, if he actually was a defensive liability, I have PJ Brown off the bench who if you go back to 2000 was a very strong post defender.

16. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

You think your team would beat mine. I think my team would beat yours. Yung T thinks his team would beat everyone, every time, regardless of the draft. :grin:

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

PJ might be a better option, I don't know. A tougher defender but he's another lean cat, more of a PF type, and you'd have no rim protection.

As to Camby games, well, for example some scoring centers vs. Denver in 2007-08:
    Amar'e - 4 games, 27 pt-10rb on average
    Yao - 2 games, 24-16
    Al Jefferson - 4 games, 19-14.5
    Dwight - 2 games, 21.5-18.5
    Duncan - 4 games, 18.5-11.5
    Zach Randolph - 2 games, 19-14
    Chris Kaman - 2 games, 16.5-15
    Mehmet Okur - 4 games, 19.5-10.5
    Camby was 1st team all defense that year, his best rebounding and shot blocking year. But people exposed him left and right.

In general, Camby is a nice player, a very good rim protector and rebounder, but definitely not without significant flaws. Very shaky post defense, not the best shot selection, and general stat whoring attitude.

18. jvu

jvu Member

"I don't see how I lose" - next time someone says this line or something similar. I'm voting against that person regardless if your team is better or not.

19. thething

Amare wasn't even starting at center that year--Shaq was. But those are hardly career numbers. It's pretty close to most of their averages. I know your point--Camby is overrated as a post defender. He was much better at team defense and blocking shots. But he wasn't like Andrea Bargnani in post defense.

PJ was a 6'11 pesky defender that could guard the offensive centers. He averaged over a block per game so I wouldn't say he offered no rim protection, but I know what you are getting at.

20. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

What's going on? Is this thing almost over yet? I want to get in an all time draft and then sit out for awhile